What Beige Apple ADB keyboards/mice am I missing?

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
I'm trying to slim down to just one of each - but I dont know if I'm missing one or two.

Not pictured is the AEKII I'm using right now.

I know I'm missing the 10key for the 512k/Plus board (it has the Velcro on the side heh) and not interested in 3rd party, black, or international ADB keyboards.

Keyboards:
  • M0110 128/512/Plus (no 10key)
  • M0110A
  • M1242 - Apple Adjustable Keyboard w/ extender
  • M0116 - Apple Keyboard
  • M2980 - Apple Design Keyboard
  • A9M0330 - Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (IIgs?)
  • M0487 - Apple Keyboard II
  • M0115 - Apple Extended Keyboard
  • M3501 - Apple Extended Keyboard II (not pictured)
Mice:
  • M0100 - 128/512/Plus
  • A9M0331 - Ones I remember form the SE
  • M2706 - Apple Desktop Bus Mouse II (implies there was a 1?)

IMG_1695.jpeg

RetroTheory

Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2021
I think you have them all apart from your exclusions from what I can remember. The only other one that pops to mind is the 512K version of the M0110A which is slightly darker.

Apple_M0110A_(Alps)_--_top.jpg

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
^That one is the early Plus keyboard... Remember, Apple had both beige and platinum Pluses. The Beige Pluses had the same color keyboard as the 128/512 machines.

@eric there is a guy in the Seattle, WA area selling a M0120 for $60 on OfferUp. It is marked local pickup only, though.

Reactions: RetroTheory

rikerjoe

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
That is a sweet collection, @eric. I have an Apple Keyboard II, Apple Extended Keyboard II, and my favorite is the Apple Extended Keyboard. Nowhere near the collection you have 😀

Reactions: patro85

caver01

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Not sure if you are interested in a M0487 variant, but my post here:
https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/keyboard-help-identify-what-i-have.949/
shows a Keyboard II that has a non-colored recessed logo. It also appears to be painted, but the logo seems different to me than a keyboard that has simply had it’s rainbow apple removed.

<edit> Well, after doing a few google image searches, I am able to turn up a few examples out there with the blank logo, so maybe this is not THAT unusual. . .

Last edited:

reallyrandy

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
New Jersey
I have a lot of keyboards and mice as I like to match the computer with the original keys and mouse it shipped with. it looks like I don't have any that you don't have. Although I am missing that soft-touch keyboard (the second one down in the middle.
That giant extended keyboard did ship with a plastic overlay so you could label the f-keys.

Genjoke

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro - Flamengo
Great collection! I started collecting keyboard and mice as well.

I don’t see a Newton keyboard in your collection, ok, it’s serial and not ADB but you can connect them to compact macs if you have the proper system extension.

Reactions: eric

pfuentes69

Active Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Switzerland
You’d be missing the wrist rest thingies for the adjustable keyboard, but as these are pretty hideous, I won’t blame you.

Ah… not black, but I’d like to have myself the gray mouse for the PowerBook 1xx

Reactions: eric

skate323k137

Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
Nice collection. The top center is the one that came originally with my IIgs, and the one on the left I love using for my SE.

I found a seller in Spain willing to send me a Spanish layout M2980, I am very much looking forward to that. I just did a tantalum recap on an LC II, and I think I'll install OS7 in Spanish on it once I get that keyboard. I'm not fluent but I'm good enough to get around and I think that would be a really cool piece to have in the collection.

lilliputian

Tinkerer
Mar 6, 2022
Los Angeles, California, USA
There's a version of the Apple Extended Keyboard II that has a flat power key, rather than the trapezoidal one that you have, but that's minor.

There is also the Music Publisher Keypad if you want something obscure (meant specifically for use with the Music Publisher software).

Reactions: skate323k137

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
There's a version of the Apple Extended Keyboard II that has a flat power key, rather than the trapezoidal one that you have, but that's minor.

There is also the Music Publisher Keypad if you want something obscure (meant specifically for use with the Music Publisher software).
Looks like Eric has a M3501 (the AEK II), just doesn't have it pictured. Instead, his M0115 is shown.

Reactions: lilliputian

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Hi @eric! 🙂👋

Can you take a picture of the right-angle ADB connector at that end of the ADB cable, please? 🙏 I do not think I have ever seen a right-angle ADB connector? I do not recall Apple formally releasing that one? 🤔

1655909160027.png

Edit: It looks like that Apple produced and released that specific cable just for that keypad to go with the Apple Adjustable Keyboard. I found a picture of the short ADB cable with right-angle ends. All good. :)(y)

Last edited: