What do you guys think of this "unique to say the least" Performa 475 (Prototype, early dev?)

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
Hi everyone I picked up this Performa 475 and its strange to say the least. For starters it has a ROM slot, CUDA reset switch, and "PRIMUS" by the board serial number. This was made four months before the October release of these machines. I believe this was a machine Apple probably sent out to repair centers to familiarize themselves with the machines before public release. Also note the incredibly strange case. Pictures below, any ideas or information is greatly appreciated. tempImagezfXPDQ.png

Attachments

• tempImageh0noSu.png
    tempImageh0noSu.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 87
  • tempImageKCLzdd.png
    tempImageKCLzdd.png
    6 MB · Views: 86

Nixontheknight

Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
Hi everyone I picked up this Performa 475 and its strange to say the least. For starters it has a ROM slot, CUDA reset switch, and "PRIMUS" by the board serial number. This was made four months before the October release of these machines. I believe this was a machine Apple probably sent out to repair centers to familiarize themselves with the machines before public release. Also note the incredibly strange case. Pictures below, any ideas or information is greatly appreciated.View attachment 3836
The part I’m amazed at is that they’re using the same case mold as the LC III instead of the III+