What do you like to eat when you don’t want to cook?

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
What do you like to eat when you don’t want to cook? Fast food & leftovers don’t count. 🙂 Me, as much as I love left overs, it has to be charcuterie & some hooch.
6A5E1406-E7DC-41E3-BBB4-E082379DF953.jpeg
What do y’all go for?

Reactions: MindThreat

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Yanno, when I price this stuff out, even in this crappy, inflationary c19 economy, you can still easily eat better (& healthier) this way than through a gross drive thru for similar money … and this includes the wine and you don’t have to cook a darn thing lol.

I love tapas & charcuterie. Also a big fan of Sandwich spreads … say some pumpernickel, ham, spicy brown or grey poupon mustard, Lacy swiss, thin sliced white onion, sauerkraut or pickles. Man I can get down on something like that so hard - incredibly good Sandys and again, don’t have to cook a darn thing.

Last edited:

MindThreat

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
That does look tasty! If I don't want to cook it's pizza night,. and being a cravenous pizza eating carnivore, that tends to be quite often. 🍕
Someday I'll actually learn how to make a decent pie.

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
McDonald's. Order delivery while I work from home. Quick. Cheap. And I seem to lose weight eating it a few times a week than not. Which is strange.
Woof man! :D Fast fake food just gives me a gross belly ache as my body tries to make heads or tails of what I just ate. I attribute it to the indigestible additives like foodgrade celulose, trypsin laden soy based fillers etc. and spans most FF chains as their use is ubiquitous through the industry.

Take FF off the table and what do you eat? Or are you like poor Drake over there & eat nothing, relying on caffeine fueled delerium & tears?

Last edited:

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I get some Jamón and cured cheese, with toasted bread with olive oil
Mmm I love jamon Serrano & Iberico. Spanish cured meats and hitting the tapas bars (ie: wine) are big reasons I want to visit Spain - that and my wife's people are Spanish and Italian and Native American primarily so it would be really neat to reconnect her with that Mediterranean culture. Maybe for our 25th anniversary.

FYI, there was a few slices of jamon Serrano but I ate them while building the plate for my wife. I call it chefs prerogative but as always, what happens in Foodie club stays in Foodie club. :ninja:

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Food done fast really does get so, so much better than fast food. You’d think in a tinkerer forum, we’d be great at fooding. Recap an obsolete Mac? Retrace a battery bombed hasn’t been made in 30 years logicboard? No problem! Plate some sliced cured meat n pickles?

That’s it I’m going to McDs. :D