Blogs

MindThreat

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
I realize there are a million places to make a blog so it may not make sense but was curious if there were any plans to incorporate user blogs into the forum at some point in the future.

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
I realize there are a million places to make a blog so it may not make sense but was curious if there were any plans to incorporate user blogs into the forum at some point in the future.
I think users could use their profile page to make posts?

MindThreat

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
Oh wait, no. I forgot. The profile posts aren’t really blog appropriate, I tried a few times but it’s limited to like 150 characters or something really short. It’s more tweet like than blog like. So you can’t really go into extensive detail.

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
Oh wait, no. I forgot. The profile posts aren’t really blog appropriate, I tried a few times but it’s limited to like 150 characters or something really short. It’s more tweet like than blog like. So you can’t really go into extensive detail.
Got it, I'll bring it up with the other board members and see if there's room to adjust the character limit.

Reactions: MindThreat

MindThreat

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
This has been updated from 420 (ayeee) to 30,000 characters. Can you let me know if this update alone makes profile posts more viable for blogging?
Turns out none of the posts are public, meaning someone has to be a member and logged in first to see it.

I can see the benefit of requiring members to login to see it but having these specific type of posts public and searchable may also aid in bringing people to the site overall.

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
Turns out none of the posts are public, meaning someone has to be a member and logged in first to see it.

I can see the benefit of requiring members to login to see it but having these specific type of posts public and searchable may also aid in bringing people to the site overall.
Got it, thanks for checking it out and letting us know. I'll see if this is an option that can be changed.

Reactions: MindThreat