BlueSCSI v2 Pico - Low cost, open hardware, fast SCSI device!

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Minor but important bug fixes for HP-715, better SCSI spec compatibility, and fixes an issue that's existed since 2015! Check it out!

Reactions: rikerjoe

svenson

New Tinkerer
Mar 27, 2024
Southern Germany
Hey Eric,
I did a little bit of "quick and dirty" coding. I activated the qwiic OLED display and show the firmware version there (I use Robs Amiga firmware source).
Is there a way in the BlueSCSI code to query the ip address from the system? Or have this information send over the device driver from the system to the BlueSCSI?
My goal is to show the ip address in the qwiic display.

Kind regards, Svenson
BlueSCSI_OLED_Firmware.JPG

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Is there a way in the BlueSCSI code to query the ip address from the system? Or have this information send over the device driver from the system to the BlueSCSI?
My goal is to show the ip address in the qwiic display.
BlueSCSI is in target mode when emulating devices so it can never initiate a command. You could use a custom vendor command to set a variable to display from the host. I had started some work on runtime config setting for key/values in the ini, eg you'd send a payload with scsiid\0key\0value\0 and it would set and persist that so you wouldnt have to pull the SD card out to edit config.

Also as you probably know the BlueSCSI in WiFi is a layer 2 device just passing packets to and from, so it doesnt know anything about layer 3 (eg: the ipaddress/etc) so we cant get it at runtime.

We'll be merging robs stuff into mainline soon, just needed to work out some things first as it's not really a daynaport device anymore with these changes.

You're not the only one working on a display - I do have a menuing framework close to ready, where you could build a custom menu into like this.

Reactions: svenson

svenson

New Tinkerer
Mar 27, 2024
Southern Germany
BlueSCSI is in target mode when emulating devices so it can never initiate a command. You could use a custom vendor command to set a variable to display from the host. I had started some work on runtime config setting for key/values in the ini, eg you'd send a payload with scsiid\0key\0value\0 and it would set and persist that so you wouldnt have to pull the SD card out to edit config.

Also as you probably know the BlueSCSI in WiFi is a layer 2 device just passing packets to and from, so it doesnt know anything about layer 3 (eg: the ipaddress/etc) so we cant get it at runtime.

We'll be merging robs stuff into mainline soon, just needed to work out some things first as it's not really a daynaport device anymore with these changes.

You're not the only one working on a display - I do have a menuing framework close to ready, where you could build a custom menu into like this.
Hey Eric, thank you for this detailed informations! That sounds like really valuable features are coming up! Great (y)

ifrit05

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2024
Don't know if this is a good spot for this (also posted in the Discord) but I'm having an issue with my Desktop BlueSCSI v2-2023.10a with a Pico W. It cannot find an SDCard. Tried a Sandisk and Samsung, FAT/ExFAT, both old but verified genuine and working, overwrite format with SD Card Formatter.

Seems to detect if a card is pulled/swapped, the blinking will stop for a moment then blink again. COM port is reporting SdioCard::readSector(0x00000000) failed: 5 and SdioCard::readSector(0x00000001) failed: 5

I verified all SDCard pins are connected to the pico. At a loss on what to do, 100% think my soldering isn't an issue.

EDIT: SD Card socket was a little jankey, tapped some paper to the top of the sd card and it works now. I'm not bothered by it, just happy it works.

Last edited:

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
FYI looks like they fixed the issue on discord - the SD card in the SD slot was not making good connection.