Classic Mac OS WiFi Supplicant For 68k?

Paralel

Tinkerer
Dec 14, 2022
Does anyone know if a classic Mac OS wifi supplicant exists for 68k? I'm fairly doubtful, I don't think there would be enough power in a full 68040 to handle a wifi supplicant, but thought it would be worth asking if it was ever done.

I've done some searching around, but have had no luck, hence why I am asking the collective mind if they are aware of any such thing.

misterg33

New Tinkerer
Oct 10, 2022
The piSCSI superbenk mentions is nice because it also works as an SD card to SCSI hard disk.

If your Mac has an ethernet port, you can always use an ethernet bridge. I've had success with this one, though you'll need USB power or compatible DC power adapter for it:

Vonets also made one that's more of a kit that if you're handy, you can power from anything that supplies the correct voltage:

Right now it says "discontinued" but you might be able to find an updated version, or a used one. Someone used one of these to build an "internal" wifi on their Mac with a short flat ethernet cable routing to the external RJ45 port.

And of course, if you have an old Airport Express hanging around, these work well for using as a bridge for any Mac with an ethernet port.