Favorite music style when cooking and when eating/drinking?

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I was thinking about this the other day.

Cooking - Metal (Megadeth or ACDC) or loud rock (like Jesu, Mogwai or Flu Fighters ). Anyone who has worked in a kitchen with a retail facing side understands what that customer push feels like and the need to be expedient. This helps get the kitchen rolling and on point (along with coffee).
Eating/drinking - Classic Jazz or a piano man (think Dave Brubeck, Mile Davis or Vince Guaraldi era stuff). Slow down and enjoy the moment. Feel that walking bass.

• Love
Reactions: fehervaria

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates

I have that on a lot while i work....or cook. Rarely have anything on while eating though, my wife & i prefer to chat :)

I typically have jazz or traditional Christmas tunes playing at home (wife loves xmas tunes) from another room so it does not interfere with communication. When we get that rare occasion to go out, we frequent a few piano bars around town. Nice jazz at a low volume just for that reason - enjoying the mixologist and communicating with those folks whom you came with. Nothing worse than having to yell at the VIP across from you.

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
I also like to cook, my wife to bake.
Usually I listen similar music like @Certificate of Excellence mentioned, but there is one case when I need more speed, then comes Lemmy and the Motörhead with the Bastards album... and this case is to do hungarian "palacsinta" - a kind of pancake. Our children like very much, and I need to do most of the time around 60 or 70 pcs. I use two pans to do, and then you have to be really quick to do everything "in time", otherwise they will burn...

If you like sweeties check this out: Hungarian Sweet Pancakes (Palacsinta)

Anyway, it is not pancakes: Palacsinta: it’s Not a Pancake, Don’t Call it a Pancake

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Huh, wow those are similar to crepe batter but with seltzer. I love to eat mid-European foodcultures like Polish, Hungarian & Romanian, so will make these for the kiddos this week some time - maybe with some chicken Paprikas or cheese filled Pierogis & fried cabbage.