Howdy y'all

AvadonDragon

Tinkerer
Jan 27, 2023
Tennessee
While exploring the internet for retro computing related stuffs I recently discovered this forum. I’ve been binge watching @Action Retro on Youtube the past few days and that might be how I found it. I also bought a blueSCSI about a year ago from @Androda 's webstore. Really need to send it off to get the new firmware flashed...

I've had access to a computer since practically the day I was born. My first being a TRS-80 Color Computer. Then we upgraded to a brand new IBM 5170 AT. My love for old computers runs deep. Today I mainly focus on old world 68k and PPC Macs. Watching Sean do pretty much all my fantasy upgrades and mods on those type machines has been almost as satisfying as actually getting to do the work myself (and a LOT cheaper!) :LOL:

Recently been playing with a PiSCSI (RaSCSI) on my Mac Plus running system 6. After struggling for a couple of days with all kinds of weird problems I finally manage to ping Google.com! Yay! I have more things I'd like to experiment with on that setup but I have a lot of learning to do about using remote X11 apps in the pre SSH days but that's probably something I should start a thread about.

I used to work at Intel around the time Apple switched to our processors - exciting times. I also worked for NVIDIA for a time.

ClassicHasClass

Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2022
www.floodgap.com
Welcome. I used to assist an elementary school teacher with a classroom full of CoCo 2s and a master CoCo 3. It used Tandy's "cassette network" system to distribute files. Quite a setup. My fraction trainer program was in use there for a number of years.