possible mobile phone app?

CrazyTechReviews

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Not sure if anyone has discussed this previously, but an app for the platform could be a very beneficial feature, of course considering whether or not it would be practical to do so or not. Either way I figured I'd at least suggest it and see what people think.

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Personally I've found the mobile version of the site to be very easy to work with. I'm not sure how much value there is in a native app, considering the work that would take versus just making sure the site looks nice on mobile. However, if the platform (XenForo) has an easy way to make an app, that'd be ideal. Otherwise it would likely involve a lot of re-implementation of that platform's UI.

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
You can add the link straight to this webpage as an icon on your mobile device. To do this do the following: click share button in safari (box with an up arrow) > click add to Home Screen. This will essentially give you an icon that looks like an app but opens right up to the site and forums here. I’ve done this on my iPad and iPhone.

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
This discussion did get me thinking - instead of thinking about a mobile app, has anyone thought about a System 7 (etc) app? Probably not doable without a proxy, unless there's a way to access the site or API over plain HTTP.