Switzerland as option for Trading Posts (and debate about "Europe")

pfuentes69

Active Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Switzerland
Hi,
I don't know how many other people from Switzerland we have, but as we aren't in the "European Union", maybe it could be added...

BTW, "European Union & Republic of Ireland" is pretty incorrect, as this would be like saying "USA & Florida"... Maybe you could consider as an option "Europe" in general, so you solve both issues at once :)

Txs!

displaced

Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
Kent, United Kingdom
I read the “UK and NI” / “EU and Republic” as a gentle reminder about us in the UK not being part of the EU anymore. So the two parts of the island of Ireland are no longer a single market.

It was sometimes difficult explaining the division of the island of Ireland to people not from these Isles pre-Brexit, let alone now ;)

So yeah, I think TD have the forums split correctly (although given the various protocols and treaties at work, I really can’t vouch for how well post between the UK, NI, Republic and the rest of the world in practice. Grrr.)

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
Both of you are right.
There are few countries from the geographical Europe who are not member of the European Union. If we would like to "remind" people inside/outside from UK - because of the new customs regulation, we should do a group like "Europe" and we know who is in EU and who not.
The tricky point to send something from Belfast to Dublin. There are changes, but all we european know Switzerland is not EU but Europe; same with Norway or Serbia.. etc
I think a generic "Europe" would be the best, and in case of concrete trading, the seller/buyer sould discuss about customs, currency and delivery time.

pfuentes69

Active Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Switzerland
I think a generic "Europe" would be the best, and in case of concrete trading, the seller/buyer sould discuss about customs, currency and delivery time.
I totally agree... we should just arrange it geographically and not politically...
After all for USA & Canada there's just "North America", so we shouldn't make it unnecessarily complex.