Unread Bold Threads

RetroViator

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
retroviator.com
Consider this a pesky comment that can be ignored, but I have trouble telling the difference between my read and unread threads as it's difficult at a glance to see the difference between bold and not bold titles. I don't have a better idea, so... you're welcome. :)

re4mat

New Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Seattle, UCAS
Agreed. I think it would be a pretty easy fix, too. Just add a property to the CSS class .is-unread that's something like color: rgb(48, 156, 232); (That's the colour of the reply/post/new thread/etc. buttons with the brightness bumped up 15%.) They'd stand out a lot more while still fitting the theme! :)

re4mat

New Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Seattle, UCAS
Just made the change in DevTools to see what it looks like, and I think it looks pretty good!

1636520906219.png

Otherwise, I think changing the HTML that the PHP generates so that individual threads also have that "New" box appended to the end like the forum lists have would be good, like so:

1636522110557.png

That one arguably looks better, but might take a little more work to implement.

Last edited:

fogWraith

Antiques Dealer
Sep 2, 2021
I also have some minor issues differentiating between the bold & non-bold depending on my machine and browser, though I just use the 'What's New' page most of the time... however, I really do like the solutions above :)

Reactions: re4mat

RetroViator

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
retroviator.com
Wow! The new blue text looks great!

It pairs nicely with the blue dot and makes it a piece of cake to see what is unread.

I’m really blown away by this quick response. All hail the TinkerDifferent overlords. 👑

Reactions: re4mat