TAM Power supply internal picture request.

Kothnaaken

New Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2022
I'm in the process of repairing a TAM for someone and it seems like someone was in the subwoofer unit before myself and I'm concerned there may be a couple of cut wires. There's a very small gauge blue and pink wire (in addition to the larger gauge blue wire) that seems like it may have been cut? But I don't see where either would go inside the power supply itself since there's no similarly colored small gauge wires protruding anywhere. Does anyone have a pic of their TAM's psu or know of one? I'm getting zero voltage from this thing even after recapping it.

mac27

New Tinkerer
Apr 30, 2024
Virginia, USA
www.mac27.net
It's several months later, but here are some photos of the main board assembly from my TAM PSU. I am certain that I was the first person to ever open it. It is working normally (I recently opened it up for a preventative recap).

By "blue and pink wire", do you mean a single wire that is both blue and pink? There is a pink wire in mine that comes from the umbilical cord and goes nowhere. I do not see any other wires like that, though.

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1816.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

Reactions: Elemenoh