Recent content by HrutkayMods

  1. HrutkayMods

    G5tember 2026

    Project #4 reviving my 2.7... Again
  2. HrutkayMods

    G5tember 2026

    Project #3 MintPPC… is a pain
  3. HrutkayMods

    G5tember 2026

    Here we are with project #2!
  4. HrutkayMods

    G5tember 2026

    Yep I custom built it back in 2018… anyway, I’m going to continue doing this even if not many other people respond or participate. I want to try to get this rolling as a thing. I have a video lined up for the 14th and the 20th and I’m probably going to do one or two more videos this month after...
  5. HrutkayMods

    G5tember 2026

    Well guys I should've posted this back in August instead of 7 days into September but... Hey at least I finally remembered to. I came up with this idea towards the end of August thinking of how we do the PowerPC Challenge in January (We skipped it for 2026 because we didn't think it was viable...
  6. HrutkayMods

    2026 PowerPC Challenge: the user's Unofficial thread

    I hate that I missed this this year I'm glad you guys kept it going. I also followed Scott the whole time! great job Scott :)
  7. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    Here’s my third project of the month… I made a touchscreen eMac
  8. HrutkayMods

    The passing of Michael David Mullett

    It’s been almost a year since we lost Michael, I learned about it on Facebook shortly after he passed. He was an excellent member of the LEM Community, and a good friend. Still hurts to think about it. He was truly one of a kind.
  9. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    same SSD I'm using in my 1.6 iMac G5... really not sure why it wouldn't work?
  10. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    Here’s my comparison video on the Intel transition by the way, it really doesn’t matter what the cable is. I’m pretty sure all SATA cables are created equally. They’re all copper wire on the inside.
  11. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    So if you guys are curious early SATA I chips didn't play nicely with forward compatibility most will work with SATA II but not SATA III. Lots of SATA III and some II drives have jumper pins to force the drive into SATA I speeds which fixes the compatibility with newer drives.
  12. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    Here is project #1 getting the Alpha 3 of Snow Leopard running on my G5
  13. HrutkayMods

    2025 PowerPC Challenge

    Just dove into my collection last night video following in the next day
  14. HrutkayMods

    2024 PowerPC Challenge

    Final video for the month
  15. HrutkayMods

    2024 PowerPC Challenge

    A nice video on how to get ProtoWeb and WarpStream working on your PPC Mac