2024 PowerPC Challenge

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 21: C64 emulation on PPC

My mom picked me up an old C64, 1541 floppy, and monitor a few years ago from a garage sale, but I have never powered it on (fear of the over-volt failing voltage regulator). It has been sitting on the shelf and I think about it every now and then. Growing up, my first computer was the Coleco ADAM, which was an expansion of the video game system. My friend had a C64, I never did.
C64-box.jpg

Rather than chance blowing the whole thing up, I opted to find an emulator and run some games.
Day21.jpg

Power64 seems to run just fine, getting 99% on the emulation speed on the G4 Mini.

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 22

PPC Towers of Death

The 1.8GHz G5 arrived today. It appears to be a V3. I now have a 1.8GHz v1, v2, and v3. Big sad face, no combination created a chime. None of them work together.

So that leaves me with 3 empty G5 cases for Hackintosh projects, 2 liquid radiator assemblies to repurpose, and a bunch of fans. And a bunch of parts to sell: 2 flaky motherboards, 2 good power supplies, 3 mismatched 1.8GHz processors, 1 good and 1 bad 2.5GHz processors, 3 air heat sinks, some extra PC3200 RAM. I just don't have space to take on more G5 tower parts, so time to trim the fat. I still have a dual Xeon to work on, that acts a little flaky.

• Sad
Reactions: Arbystpossum

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 23

Impossible Cat : Clouded Leopard

PPC-SL.jpg

The pre-release developer build of Snow Leopard works on some PPC machines. With some glitches. It took 3 different downloads before I could get it to boot on my unconfirmed Mac Mini G4. I will have to test on the other 4 working PPC models I have over the next few days.

PPC-SL2.jpg

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #7

I've been installing over 30 new applications to my iBook this week and my storage space is thinning because of it, but I'll probably have room when all is said and done. Text editors like Bean 2.4.5, audio players like MacAMP Lite X, email clients like MulBerry 4.0.8, video converters like FLV Crunch 1.5.1, and plenty of utilities like tag editors, FTP clients, IRC clients, peer2peer clients, iPod file managers, note takers, contextual menu plugins, disc burners, ebook readers, programming editors, and more! Again, most of the programs I have installed I have found manually in the past 2 weeks and I'm contemplating uploading them to the Garden myself for archival/preservation purposes. The programs I have mentioned in this specific post by name are able to be found on the Garden, though, just to clarify.

I also installed ShapeShifter from the MacintoshGarden and its accompanying themes. Over 150 themes to see which ones I like. There's quite a few I've decided to keep so far, as evident by the picture below. In the picture, you can see one theme currently installed, another theme selected, and an open Finder window showing the dozens of other themes extracted from the .toast file provided by the Macintosh Garden:

shapeshifter.PNG

Last edited:

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #8:

Tested several of the installed applications recently, and I appear to have a bunch of programs of the same variety. Having so many video converters, wallpaper switchers, audio players, disc burners and image editors is probably going to lead me to have to narrow down which ones I want to actually keep and determine which ones have the most utility to me. It's usually the one that is the most recently updated (e.g. one last updated for Tiger in 2011 vs last updated in 2006 and then abandoned while it was still in Beta, trust me that happens far too frequently with the programs I've found). My contextual menus are getting too cluttered when I control-click (right-click) a file and select "Open With" and out comes an unnecessarily long list of several of the same kind of application.

I mentioned having more than one wallpaper switchers. Yes, I ma still enjoying ChangeDesktop, no matter how often it crashes or ignores my selection of "No Repeat Pictures". Yes, the background daemon does crash if it's dissatisfied with the amount of RAM left available for use on my machine. I have a different wallpaper switcher that's a menu applet instead of a "docklet" like ChangeDesktop is, but I think it has less features. I haven't done a comprehensive comparison as of yet.

One audio player I tested, Vox 0.2.7.1, claimed on its homepage that it could play module/tracker music like .mod, .xm, .it, .s3m, etc., but upon testing that on my iBook, I found that that was absolutely not the case. Other than that, that program is quite possibly the best audio player on Tiger I own now; it has a customizable look right from its Preferences menu, it has a built-in equalizer, it can display album art and metadata/tags, export audio to various formats, automatically loads all music from a selected folder into a playlist, and best of all, it includes a menu applet for controlling playback. Awesome! No other player I've tested comes with such a convenient feature. Here is the homepage where I downloaded Vox from on the WayBack Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20110714015643/http://www.voxapp.uni.cc/. The program's homepage also didn't mention any PowerPC compatibility either, so I just had to see if it did for myself on my iBook. Below is a picture of Vox running with its "Effects" window and "Media Info" drawer optionally opened, all customized to a red color. Viewable in the picture is Vox's menu applet next to VirtueDesktops. All in all, it's too bad it's not open source, though, and the website shut down around 2011 so it never saw a final release. It's still forever in Beta development...
(Amendment: actually as I was just writing this, I discovered that the app is still in development, and it's just that the domain name for the app's original website expired and the developers moved to a different domain in 2011 and then again in 2016/17 according to the WayBack Machine, they currently have an iOS version as well) (AGAIN as I was writing this, I discovered that Vox is preserved on the Macintosh Garden. Clumsy me, in my independent search for old programs, I must have stopped assuming that everything I found was preserved on to the Garden. Here you can download the latest compatible PowerPC versions for both Tiger and Leopard: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/vox-02x). Here is the domain that the Vox team apparently moved to: https://web.archive.org/web/20130925095257/http://www.coppertino.com/. Here is Vox's current homepage if you're interested: https://vox.rocks.

vox.PNG

Vox - cool application; it gets my recommendation. Let's talk about players that actually DO module playback though, such as Cog, XimpleMod, and CocoModX, the latter of which is becoming my favorite and preferred way of opening module files for playback. CocoModX was created by the independent developer Sven Jannsen and is hosted at the Macintosh Garden, and you can download it here: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/cocomodx. Though, curiously, the rest of Sven's applications are not preserved on the Garden, such as the brilliant CocoViewX, which I will get to in a moment. CocoModX includes an Apple-inspired "Brushed Metal" look, if you're into that, that can be toggled off, a floating audio playback controller (that always stays on top of all other windows) whose transparency can be altered with a slider, and a playlist menu that can be edited, of course. It is far more stable than Cog and far more feature-rich than XimpleMod, so I'll be sticking with CocoModX. There's also MilkyTracker, which serves a dual purpose in both editing and playing module files. Below is a picture of CocoModX, with its Playlists drawer opened and its floating playback window set to a transparent look, with a sample playlist loaded for your viewing. Also as you can see, I have one of my few preferred ShapeShifter themes installed:

cocomodx.PNG

What a wonderful application CocoModX is, better than Cog in my opinion, which in my case kept crashing upon loading what the program felt to be too many tracks into a playlist at once. Or it just crashes randomly upon playback of files it doesn't like too? Whatever the underlying issue may be, CocoModX in my mind will probably become the de facto default mod player for my tastes and I'll uninstall Cog and XimpleMod just to clear up any of the clutter and confusion in contextual menus when I open up a file and it starts playing in XimpleMod instead of CocoModX, or I control-click (right-click) a file and select "Open With" and out comes an unnecessarily long list of several of the same kind of application, as is the problem with having so many of the same kind of application as I mentioned earlier. Let's eventually uninstall any of the less desirable applications that report to do the same functions, shall we? Yes, some day...

Some other programs I installed ended up failing their task miserably, or, what has been occurring with me recently, is that the program I thought was freeware ended up being trial software with no way of activating it since the activation servers and websites are long gone (not that I would want to pay up for a 10+ year old application, let alone at full price anyway). I open an application and get a surprise that I currently have X amount of days left before my demo ends, or some sort of critical functionality is prohibited from being used until I fork over X amount of cash to a long dead company. Neither scenario gets mentioned on the homepage of the program I downloaded from, mind you, so that's a real stinger. Because of the broken/poor programs and the surprise trial software, there have been a handful of applications in which I have chosen to uninstall and write to myself not to install them again on other systems. Of course I'm keeping a catalog of the hundred or so programs I've found on the Garden and on my own. The list is looking somewhat disorganized at the moment due to the sheer size it has approached.

I'll detail you on one program I had a horrible experience with. This program in question was meant to be another one of the 6 or so image converters/editors I have now. Written in Java, this program hanged for several seconds before letting me quit the app, ramping the CPU usage up to 90% just to load an image, and consumed nearly 100MB of RAM. I didn't bother with it after that, there's no reason for such an app to be so resource-demanding that it hangs the computer when other more capable image editors sing on PowerPC and don't consume more than maybe 50MB of RAM, depending upon how large the image library you're loading is. Sven Jannsen's CocoViewX can load a directory filled with hundreds of images on my iBook and I can still navigate OS X just fine. No hiccups or hangups to go along with CocoViewX. That program can bulk convert, bulk compress, bulk resize, bulk export, and bulk rename image files, load thumbnails, and comes with a slideshow option comparable to iPhoto's. It, too, like CocoModX, comes with a "Brushed Metal" aesthetic, but you can disable it. CocoViewX doubles as a sort of file manager, too, but reasonably only for navigating to which image library you wish to load. CocoViewX is powerful in comparison to its competitors.

Last edited:

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 26

FreeGeek bonanza!
FreeGeek0126.jpg

Well, the $20 dual G5-1.8GHz was gone, so didn't bring that home. But I found a keyboard ($15), another StarTech single IDE->Sata adapter ($5), a PCI 4 port USB card with one port missing ($1), and what was hoping was a compatible IMPOSSIBRU PCI sata card ($1).

The PCI USB has one port broken off, but I am sure I can find a replacement. It also appears to have a standard 10pin header that I can solder on for two additional ports. For a dollar, I am taking the chance on it.
PCI-USB-VT6212L.jpg

I wasn't sure about the SATA-RAID card, I didn't want to look it up while I was there, so having read the thread previously I was taking the risk for a dollar. Turns out it works fine after the flash, so I will post in the other thread about that.
PCI-SATARAID.jpg

Benchmarks on the internal PCI-SATA-SSD are much faster, and my 500GB drive now shows all the partitions instead of just the first 120GB. Yay! It boots off of the SSD on 10.4.11 just fine, more testing required.
G4-XB-compare.jpg

Last edited:

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 27: Local Dial-Up Test

I did a few inquiries on some forums looking for a way to test modems locally without a phone line. Yes, there is some basic circuitry you can build to create a simulated phone line, but you won't have dial tone. I did not want to setup a PBX. There are some other interesting projects out there, but I was on the lookout for cheap. I came across these Grandstream devices with multiple FXS ports, that also allow port to port dialing without being setup on the internet. I just needed to find a phone cord, since I have long ago recycled all of mine.
DU-HT812.jpg

I stopped at the University ReUse center, got a couple original AirPort base stations, a couple mac laptop chargers, and a phone cord. I found a GrandStream HT812 two line device on craigslist for $20 locally and picked that up. Here we go!
DU-setup.jpg

I setup the Sawtooth dual G4-500MHz and the 867MHz Quicksilver (both have built in 56K modems) next to each other under a desk with monitors and kb/mice. I connected both modems to port 1 and 2 on the Grandstream. I tried dialing, and got the ring notice, but connections would not take. Tried all the way down to 1200 baud. Nothing would connect.
DU-testing.jpg

Finally found the answer here: only use G711 codec and turn on Fax-Passthrough. Just using Zterm on OS9 and got connected up to 56K! Chatted to myself between computers.
DU-56k.jpg

DU-success.jpg

Now I can test my G4 lamps and the old Global Village I picked up on a previous trip to Free Geek.

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #9:

This all was handled before my previous update, so I'll make this one quick. It's just me wrapping up my experience with Unsanity's ShapeShifter theming program.

I found that most themes were written for 10.3 Panther only and are incompatible with 10.4 Tiger, leading to broken functionality, a total hindering of visibility of words and functionality of buttons (though some of that could be chalked up to how gaudy some of the themes were from the get go), mismatched color schemes like light text on a light background or dark text on a dark background, missing edits that just leave some of the default Aqua UI leading to a jarring and unfinished look, etc. So, the Panther-specific ones were hit or miss in terms of compatibility with Tiger, and most of them had some broken user interface in some form or fashion. Also, just as a rule of thumb: never install dark themes that makes the text in the menubar white because none of your 3rd party menu applets will transition to a white color, making them incongruent with the rest of the theme and blemish the theme, there were some really great ones like “Watercolor” and a transparent windows one ala Windows Vista/7's "Aero theme", but I couldn’t use them because of my 3rd party menu applets like VirtueDesktops). I was quite disappointed at my loss. The Macintosh Garden's upload of ShapeShifter's themes don't differentiate between which of the themes they provide in .zip files are compatible with Tiger, so I had to find out manually. It turns out, the second themes download on the page provides you with themes compatible with 10.4 Tiger, so ignore the first themes .zip download, I think I only kept about 3 from the first themes download. Below is a picture of the themes I decided to keep. Out of 200+, only around 14 I thought were the most appealing and had the most grasp on coherent user interface design. I like this blue one, but it's not the one I currently have active on my iBook for the last two or so days.

shapeshifter 2.PNG

In the picture above, you can see 18 ShapeShifter themes reported by Finder. Most of this was taken from the 2nd .zip download provided by the Macintosh Garden. The first folder had about 150 themes, of which I kept around 4. Out of 200+ themes, I kept about 15. The 2nd .zip had most of the 10.4 Tiger compatible themes, which I had to find out manually, unfortunately. The Garden post didn’t specify which ones were written specifically for Tiger.

In the midst of continuing to install more and more programs I've found this month, next update will be about a physical modification I made to my iBook yesterday. Stay tuned as the 2024 PowerPC Challenge reaches its closing.

Reactions: Dana Does Stuff

phunguss

Tinkerer
Dec 24, 2023
Stillwater, MN
Day 28: Continued modem testing

I got the two iMac lamps to connect, one worked at 56K and the other only at 38K (OSX), but both successful. OSX Zterm to OS9 Zterm.
10411imac-921sawtooth.jpg

OSX 10.4.11 to OSX 10.4.11
10411imac-10411sawtooth.jpg

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #10:

The physical modification I performed on my Mac was upgrading it to the maximum amount of RAM it can handle: 1.5 gigabytes! Yes, this iBook G4 1.33Ghz is now enjoying a full 1.5GB of memory, allowing for a much more comfortable and much less limiting experience. I never reach a worryingly low amount of memory now with a whole additional gigabyte of RAM in this system. How refreshing it must be for the iBook!

ibook1.PNG

I unscrewed the door cover with the required Philipps screwdriver and unboxed the 1GB DDR PC2700 RAM SO-DIMM module supplied to me by OWC. Below is a picture of the end result: an iBook G4 with a full 1.5GB of memory.

ibook2.PNG

Pedro Passamani

New Tinkerer
Jan 4, 2024
Update #10:

The physical modification I performed on my Mac was upgrading it to the maximum amount of RAM it can handle: 1.5 gigabytes! Yes, this iBook G4 1.33Ghz is now enjoying a full 1.5GB of memory, allowing for a much more comfortable and much less limiting experience. I never reach a worryingly low amount of memory now with a whole additional gigabyte of RAM in this system. How refreshing it must be for the iBook!
More RAM than the 12" PowerBook G4 can take. And a better GPU, too. Love those 2005 iBooks.

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #11:

As the 2024 PowerPC Challenge comes to a close, I’ll be trying my best to squeeze in as much updates today as I spend most of my day off with my iBook as I did yesterday, mainly installing the last few dozen applications I had downloaded this month. I gave insight on what I was installing in my seventh update, so here’s more: I’ve installed plenty of utilities like RSS clients, .cbr .cbz comic book readers, PDF viewers, more contextual menu plugins, image viewers, menu applets, and video games. Yet, all is not without fault. I had to uninstall the most amount of programs in the last 2 or 3 days simply because of their inability to perform as intended, incompatibility with PowerPC and/or Tiger that wasn’t disclosed to me during my download, or simply because it was an inferior alternative to what I already had available. Remember, I now have a comfortable amount of groups of similar programs of the same type. Say, 5 video players, 3 image viewers, 4 RSS clients, 2 image editors, 5 disc burners - you get it. So, if I install another one of those I gave as examples, and I can clearly point out what it’s lacking compared to my other offerings, it’s easy to simply let that one go, like I did with two video players I recently installed that consumed over 50% of my CPU and one lacked the ability to scrub through playback and the other lacked the ability to view in full-screen. “Oh, it’s lacking several of these features that I can use with this other program of the same kind, there’s no point in keeping this one around”. To the trash bin you go. It’s gotten to that point, and honestly it’s refreshing, since I don’t have to keep them all installed and because it shows that I have a variety to choose from. I’m not stuck with, for example, only one or two lackluster audio players in existence when I can mix and match or get the chance to have a stellar program and hit the proverbial jackpot like I did with Vox or CocoModX.

Below is a picture of CocoModX loaded with my finished playlists. TextEdit is open with a message for you to read. You can see how crammed the Dock is at the bottom. I have it set to auto-hide, so my cursor is hovering over CocoModX. I installed a plugin to make the Dock transparent. What's also observable from this picture is that I have a different ShapeShifter theme installed. It's not quite complete and glitches when selecting certain things, so I'm contemplating deleting it. iStatMenus is also installed to my menubar and I have it set to display the available and used amounts of RAM. A very handy program.

ibook3.PNG

I’m keeping track of all of the programs I’ve installed thus far in a document I’ve written up, which includes their accompanying download links, and so far I have over 50 with the attached disclaimer of “DO NOT INSTALL” in bold font. I’m not sure if I mentioned this document of mine before, but if I didn’t, I had it on my mind to say that it’s looking rather cluttered. I need to segment off the programs I’ve designed as “LEOPARD-ONLY”, “DO NOT INSTALL”, and “INTEL-ONLY” because currently all the programs are jumbled together with the only organization I have being the distinction between Mac OS Classic and Mac OS X and that they’re grouped into types. Video players are all together, image viewers are all together, audio players are all together, etc. etc. It’s getting long, so separating the Leopard-only, Intel-only, and the junk into their own groups will help tremendously with navigating my document.

Just like I did in my eighth update post, I’ll specify some more programs I’ve uninstalled that did not meet their intended functions. That would be ClamXav and two random audio players I found, one of which never left beta development. It lacked the ability to skip tracks and pause playback, and did not know what an mp3 file was. What in the world? The other was a menubar applet that refused to read an mp3 whose file name included a special character (such as + or Ω. or å) Every other mp3 I tried oddly got pitch-shifted and played at what sounded like 1.25x the normal speed, so it was noticeably distorted and thus unsatisfactory. Another program was a comic book (.cbr, .cbz) reader written in Java that crashed upon trying to open a .cbz file. Another comic book reader actually did work, but was clearly inferior to Simple Comic (version 1.6.1 is compatible with Tiger), since it lacked keyboard shortcuts, lacked the ability to navigate through pages using the arrow keys, and forces the user into dual-page mode instead of single-page mode. That leaves me with only Simple Comic 1.6.1. I’d rather not have only a single program of its kind and use-case installed on my system, but since there’s only 4 comic book readers to my knowledge that were compiled for PowerPC, and one of them is Leopard-only, I’ll have to stick with Simple Comic 1.6.1. I’ve had similar poor luck with trying a few screen-recording software. There’s not much out there to begin with, let alone any that are actually good AND free.

Below is a picture of ClamXav open, along with TextEdit and the reason for my dissatisfaction with ClamXav. Hopefully the words aren't too small or blurred so as to hinder your reading of the message contained within. The user "Jatoba" I'm referencing in the TextEdit window can be found making the comment about ClamXav's need to connect to some abandoned server in this Macintosh Garden post: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/clamxav-open-source-version.

ibook1.PNG

Here's another program: an audio decoder I installed immediately crashed upon opening it (this happened with quite a few prior programs already). Mac OS X displayed the message “the application quit unexpectedly”. Well, that’s how you know you’re not in for a good time. According to the program's developer's homepage, it is still being updated for PowerPC to this day, yet for whatever reason, it won’t even run on my iBook. It’s developed by a single person, but PowerPC support has been available since the program entered development years ago, so it's not like this software is in an experimental stage.

I also installed a “paid” (it’s shareware that limits some functions until you pay) video converter and it suffered the same issue as the audio decoder. I thought to myself whether or not it’s an issue with the RAM. No one else on Macintosh Garden reported any problems using the video converter I had installed. I checked the company’s website on the WayBack Machine for the particular version I downloaded and it demanded a minimum requirement of 512MB of RAM, exactly the amount that I had at the time of installing the program. That likely explains the problem, I thought. I don’t have enough RAM to even run the application, hence why it constantly crashes upon startup. There was only around 150MB of RAM left unallocated for the program to draw from, so it probably couldn’t run at all on my system. With this in mind, I thought it possible that the audio decoder that consistently crashed upon every attempt to run is due to the same problem as I had with this video converter - that being not having enough RAM. Peculiarly, though, this audio decoder doesn’t list any system requirements on its website, leaving me to only assume this to be the case. Fast forward some time later, after upgrading to 1.5GB of RAM, these two programs wouldn’t open still. My theory of low RAM was shot down, so I’m guessing it’s just the program’s fault. Actually, for the audio decoder, despite it boasting PowerPC compatibility even in 2024, I went back and installed an earlier version from 2012 and that one opens just fine. Problem solved! I was hoping that it would work, since it's one of very few audio converters I actually found for PowerPC. I then installed the same from 2015 and then from 2017 and they both worked as well, so I'm just sticking with the 2017 version for now. The program gets updated twice or thrice a year, at most. I abandoned the paid video converter since I already have plenty of freeware and shareware alternatives.

Below is a picture of how much RAM is free on my system at startup. Mac OS X and its necessary start-up processes command ~240MB of RAM, so before I had half the amount of RAM left available, and now I have triple the amount of RAM available at idle. Having 1.5GB feels so roomy, naturally.

ibook2.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: Arbystpossum

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Update #12:

I'm writing this as I wait for a ~5 minute HD video to export on my iBook G4. It's been about 8 minutes now. I must say I've had a troublesome day trying to get an adequate screen-recording and video editing setup on this computer. It has not been easy. I tried several options for a few hours but I finally settled on one option that doesn't corrupt the exported recording or cause it to become a black screen or place a giant watermark on it because the software is unregistered or whatever other undesirable scenario I came across. I tried different export methods, file formats, bitrates, what have you, and the results have not been satisfactory. After deciding on one really good screen-recorder, I sought to get built-in audio recording possible. Well, the below picture should be enough to brief you on my rollercoaster journey.

The second hurdle was trying to get a video editor installed. Since I couldn't get built-in system audio recording in my screen recorder, I had to get a video editor to be able to add sound in post-production. I had one installed way back from 2002 that was abandoned while it was still in development. That one could only edit .mov files, curiously, and I didn't have any .mov files on me at the moment, so I held off on using it until now. All the screen recorders I tested exported to .mov format, so now was the time to test the video editor. Well, it hardly worked. I'm having difficulty remembering all of what I did when combing through several of these programs today, since I had to cram as much productivity in before the 2024 PowerPC Challenge ended, but if I recall correctly, the video editor couldn't import audio, so that was a no-go. One more I tried was taking what seemed like forever to do a simple export of a video and the user interface was utterly sluggish to navigate. The program kept lagging and spiked my CPU usage. Exporting left these ugly artifacts in my video that horribly hindered the viewing experience. iMovie wasn't any help, either. iMovie HD's built-in exporting, compression, and conversion capabilities didn't leave me with many viable options, and the end results always produced a lackluster product. The functionality is missing in iMovie HD, so I looked toward another. This final video editor seems to get things done...

The good news is I seem to have successfully jerry-rigged this process together to be able to make a screen-recorded vide with sound added after-the-fact.

madness.PNG

iBookSpeedster88

New Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2024
Final Update #13:

Well, here it is, nearly at the last possible minute! I went through a lot to get this movie finished here in time. Exporting took over 30 minutes and my iBook's fans were screaming all the way to the end. Yes, it is a video deliberately made in the style of late-2000s YouTube "NotePad tutorials" oh so common for their time. I thought it to be fitting for this era of computing, and the video's exported quality with this level of lag and compression, coupled with my choice of music, makes for a very authentic and genuine experience. Enjoy! I wish I could say more, but the night is coming to a close, and thus along with the PowerPC Challenge, leaving February to be upon is. I'll collect my thoughts on January's experiences with my iBook for tomorrow's retrospective. When I post again, I'll be ready to look back on what this challenge provided for me!

Last edited: