Recent content by JTRetro

  1. JTRetro

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    Indeed we did! Mine is still in my SE, and working excellent. Thank you for your work on finding the right board schematic; maybe I might try to build one of these myself in due time.
  2. JTRetro

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    If it comes to pass, I would be willing to help with assembly. I have a pretty decent solder station setup; if memory serves me correctly, most of the components for this board are through-hole ones.
  3. JTRetro

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    Agreed! Perhaps someday a limited run of these could be produced.
  4. JTRetro

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    As someone who was(is?) beta testing a WarpSE for Zane for years...and who still has his WarpSE....I can attest to both the speed and compatibility of these accelerators. They are excellent! It is unfortunate that they did not go into full production......
  5. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    Honestly never thought about that, mostly because I assumed that Zane would re-appear someday-and I didn't want to usurp his good work.
  6. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    Oh my god.......I had no idea. I've been beta testing his products for years, Especially his SE/30 ROMS....I think that I have four different versions of them here. One of them has been in my main SE/30 for the better part of five years now, and it is without a doubt the best ROM I've ever...
  7. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    So I still have the WarpSE accelerator in my SE, and it is still working flawlessly with everything, whether it be After Dark, Microsoft Word, or using my CD-Rom remote. Are there any other updates on the project?
  8. JTRetro

    Synchr030/S 256MB SDRAM Accelerator for the SE/30

    8-layer PCB-that is very impressive! Definitely a lot of work went into this. I'm really happy to see all of the products that are being made to keep our classic Macs alive....and still very much functional! I do have one question about this though- does it have just one pass-through slot or...
  9. JTRetro

    Synchr030/S 256MB SDRAM Accelerator for the SE/30

    This is amazing! I would definitely like to try one out in one of my machines sometime.
  10. JTRetro

    Should I install 64MB or 65MB in my SE/30?

    I like even numbers when it comes to the memory in my computers. In my main SE/30 I have 128MB of RAM; in my test SE/30 board I have 64MB. Either configuration runs well and has no problem running many different programs, including Microsoft Excel 5.0, Photoshop 3, graphics converter, or...
  11. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    @JDW -Yes, I ran the tests on a few of my drives, including my Iomega 100Mb: And my external SCSI2SD drive: And I tested other functionality within the program, including it's ability to mount drives, such as my Iomega 100Mb: Seemed to all work well.
  12. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    So I jut got done installing SCSI Director on my SE running O.S. 7.1 off of it's original 20Mb drive. So far i just did a simple test: get SCSI director up and running. And, it appears to run well, instantly seeing the multitude of SCSI devices that I have currently attached to this machine...
  13. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    @JDW -what O.S. are you using with SCSI Director Pro 4.0?
  14. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    I've been doing some more testing simple testing, such as running my "After Dark" fish screen saver run indefinitely, including an hour so far today-with no problems. Another interesting test, this: This is an original 400k disk that my parents gave me back in the late '80's with, of course...
  15. JTRetro

    WarpSE: 25 MHz 68HC000-based accelerator for Mac SE

    @phipli And a superdrive? Yes! I had both a super-drive and an 800k drive hooked up. The 800k drive was inside the mac and hooked to the front port; the 1.44Mb drive was hooked to the back port and hanging out on my desk. Additionally, here is a shot of my floppy chip: