Recent content by Mu0n

  1. Mu0n

    Emulation List

    lol, snow https://snowemu.com/ and InfiniteMac https://infinitemac.org/ and this new thing I saw today for Amiga, copperline: https://copperline.dev/ WinUAE is the de facto Amiga emulator though https://www.winuae.net/
  2. Mu0n

    CodeWarrior SquirrelEDIT, the 1Bit pixel editor for C developers

    @DW1992 I revisted my mask creating code and this is way better. You can use it on an horizontal strip of sprites. Width per sprite must be divisible by 16 (pad with white space if not). The function returns a BitMap for the mask you want to generate. It will individually work on each sprite of...
  3. Mu0n

    Hotline!

    I tried it @fogWraith , on my Mac Plus. Looks and works great! Hopefully peeps start running servers full of interesting mac files, games, shareware, art and .mod!
  4. Mu0n

    CodeWarrior SquirrelEDIT, the 1Bit pixel editor for C developers

    Yes, 4 direction nudges. 1 click = 1 pixel movement. It doesn't have to be a square. Many sprites are tall rectangles. If you want to leverage the fastest CopyBits usage possible, use an integer multiple of 32 for the width. There's no special gain for height. A smaller gain can be had if it's...
  5. Mu0n

    CodeWarrior SquirrelEDIT, the 1Bit pixel editor for C developers

    @DW1992 I'm checking out your tool - nicely done! This is a good basis for graphics. I'm wondering about the export to a bitmap structure. I'm guessing BitMap have more elements than in THINK C/Symantec C++, would you agree? The last 2 elements aren't present in what I have over here...
  6. Mu0n

    ThinkC 1Bit Dream Machine

    The next puzzle pieces are going to be about: * Using the Sound Driver in square wave, four-tone and freeform modes * Dispatching MIDI playback to the sound driver, not decided yet on the exact mode, but it's basically a reverse-engineered approach from concertware, when you didn't have MIDI...
  7. Mu0n

    ThinkC 1Bit Dream Machine

    I just posted a video on MIDI playback, my first set of source files that can be easily integrated into your own C project.
  8. Mu0n

    ThinkC 1Bit Dream Machine

    1Bit Dream Machine a 68k compact Macintosh game programming API (also multimedia, MIDI, serial, etc) for THINK C / Symantec C++. https://github.com/Mu0n/1bitdreammachine/ Available source files * HideMenuBar: routines for hiding/showing back the menu bar * muMIDIPlay.c: routines for...
  9. Mu0n

    ThinkC cozyMIDI - new app that plays std midi files (68k)

    finally made a video on my MIDI file player coding started 2 years ago and worked on and off
  10. Mu0n

    ThinkC cozyMIDI - new app that plays std midi files (68k)

    I tried running it off of my Powermac 6500/275 and it does open, but the midi file opening+parsing process freezes the machine. I've never targeted powerpc and/or 68k running on powerpc before with my code, so this is well above my paygrade to attenpt to fix. Same with the quick "send middle C...
  11. Mu0n

    ThinkC cozyMIDI - new app that plays std midi files (68k)

    cozyMIDI: my brand new 68k mac application coded in C (and sweat). Plays standard MIDI files assuming you have an external module plugged on the modem port. loads and plays type 0 (1 track) and type 1 (more than 1 track) standard MIDI files keeps them in a pre-calculated form so the loop...
  12. Mu0n

    Discord Weekly Summary

    I admit I enjoyed those. Have you decided to stop them for a specific reason?
  13. Mu0n

    How to use serial MIDI out, from Basilisk II emulator

    (spoiler alert: it's way easier to do with the snow emulator and you get more functionality, so I did a similar thread on that emulator instead: https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/how-to-use-serial-midi-both-ways-from-snow-emulator.5392/ ) I'll start the thread by providing my method in...
  14. Mu0n

    How to use serial MIDI both ways, from Snow emulator

    I'll start the thread by providing my method in Windows 11, some other people will have to chime in to provide similar methods for MacOS and Linux, which I don't run in any of my machines. Link to Snow emulator: https://snowemu.com/ Goal: have your emulated Macintosh environment be able to...