Recent content by wottle

  1. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Yeah, there are going to be some compromises for adding support for the lighted power power key to the LisaFPGA version. The back is no longer symmetrical, which bothers me, but is probably acceptable. Also. the 12v power jack cannot stay where it is because that's where the enclosure for...
  2. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Honestly, the emulator performance on the Pi 4 is pretty disappointing. I may focus some time trying to see if I can get the LisaEm and Previous emulators to perform better. I was hoping the Pi 3 would be sufficient, but the performance pretty unbearable. It's passable on the Pi 4, and I have...
  3. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    I tried to make it somewhat simple, but it will involve some soldering to complete. The assembly instructions now include images of the various steps. The software is mostly automated with a provisioning script, but I don't want to get sued, so I didn't include ROMs and drive images with any...
  4. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Yeah, spent some time tonight getting all the documentation squared away for the software side (setting up the Pi, installing my launcher and all the emulators) and the hardware side (the 3d printing and the assembly and wiring of everything). It's live now, although it sounds like you...
  5. wottle

    Emulation List

    I might have to switch my Apple II emulator over to this on my Lisa Mini emulation machine. If it supports full screen mode at 1024x768, I’ll add it in.
  6. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Ha. Yeah I used it as justification to get a second, larger 3d printer to be able to print without splitting! It is nice having a 350mm print bed printer.
  7. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    I wrapped up my work on the Raspberry Pi version. It turned out very nice, and I devised a simple way to add a lighted power button to the front that I really like. It's just a clear keyboard switch with an LED attached, and a 3d printed button that allows the light to shine through...
  8. wottle

    SE/30 mobo repair - any service providers?

    I'd also add that you definitely should remove that battery. If it hasn't leaked yet, it might be good and dried out, but why take a chance to keep system time and your mouse speed settings! Every SE/30 I've worked on has had cap leakage under the caps. Most of them also had traces damaged...
  9. wottle

    eBay insane Sold Item Prices from specific sellers

    I agree. I generally value my own labor at zero because it’s a hobby I enjoy. I buy caps in bulk to keep costs down. The $1000 for a nicely restored Q700 is not insane. I’ve generally sold within the community, trying to sell as close to cost as possible ( recapped analog and logic board...
  10. wottle

    eBay insane Sold Item Prices from specific sellers

    For a more extreme example, here's one of Mr Goldman's sales: a Quadra 840AV for over $3k... Having to pay $700 multiple times to make people think that's a reasonable price would wipe out the profits from actually finally selling one for close to that.
  11. wottle

    eBay insane Sold Item Prices from specific sellers

    I've got a side project where I am tracking sold prices on eBay and using it to provide an, albeit somewhat high estimate on going prices for vintage computers. And I've noticed there's some sellers on eBay that seem to have astronomically high sold prices on their eBay listings. These are...
  12. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Right now the plan was to just use a standard Pi. I've found the Pi 3b to be too sluggish for the LisaEm emulator, so I yanked a Pi4 out of an Arcade I built to see how it fares. I also have a Pi5, but it's so sensitive to powering it with anything but a dedicated, specific power supply, I...
  13. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Made some progress on the LisaEm emulator on Linux/ARM (Pi). I got it working now, although it is painfully slow on a Pi 3b. I'm going to borrow a Pi 4 from another project and see if it can perform acceptably. I'm trying to avoid the Pi5 because it is very picky with its power requirements and...
  14. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    OK, making some progress at getting LisaEm running on a Pi. Seems like on Linux/ARM, chars are unsigned, which was causing the CPU to hang at 100% and cause the boot to fail and segfault. I've been able to successfully get the ROM to fully load and show an image on my Pi! Now I need to get...
  15. wottle

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    OK, I have the case all set up for a Raspberry Pi and an iPad LCD. So yesterday I moved on to what I thought was the easy part, getting the emulators set up. Sadly, it seems the state of LisaEm on Raspbian is not good. As in, it doesn't work and it doesn't appear anyone is trying to get it to...