2MB Sony Floppy Gear for Sanwa Eject Motor

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
After having a broken gear for the above eject motor and not able to find a gear for it, I set out to make my own. First CAD design and first endeavor into 3D printing as I just received my Anycubic Photon Mono 4K. A fellow member of @mitchkramez stepped in to help with the details as I am new to CAD. After a few days of emails and samples, we are releasing the gear STL file for the benefit of the community. Here is the file and some pictures of the gear. Anyone wanting to make modifications, contact me and will send the source files as I used freeCAD and @mitchkramez used Fusion360. I used the tough resign and the only setting I changed on ChituBox is the exposure time to 3.5. As I said, I am new to CAD and 3D printing so I open this up to input from the experts.

Attachments

• 2mb_Gear_Sanwa_V1.stl.zip
    128.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5794.JPG
    IMG_5794.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5795.JPG
    IMG_5795.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5799.JPG
    IMG_5799.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    810.5 KB · Views: 37

mitchkramez

New Tinkerer
May 18, 2022
South Dakota of all places
I was glad to help out! @Willj did most of the work (I still don't know how to make the gear itself!) but I added the little details on the underside and rounding some of the teeth corners on the upper gear to match the original as closely as possible.

Prior to this, I had never seen a Sanwa eject motor before, but now we've got gears for all the drives! I tried FreeCAD but it didn't make much sense to me. Fusion360 has a free personal license and was easier for me to understand. I REALLY liked Shapr3d but their licensing isn't conducive to makers so I had to abandon that. I'm sure if I spent some more time with FreeCAD and watched a few tutorials it'd maybe make more sense...

Reactions: retr01

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
Wow, this is great! :D(y) Thank you. How was freeCAD, @Willj? Easy? Learning curve? Did you find a guide to pick up?
I watched some YouTube vids on it especially on making gears. It’s easy just, like many program, large and has lots to learn. Took my time and tested.

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
Now need to work on the feet for Centris 610. Lol. Think best I buy a set of 4 from MacEffects so they match color.