Adobe Illustrator - Latest RENT FREE version for Tiger?

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
Trying to get one of the G4s back up and running for AI playtime.

Digital Audio/466-1GB

I'm a licensed user from AI88 up through AI10, but no longer worried about upgrading to anything up to the evil that is RentWare.

I've never used OSX very much on purpose, but willing to try it out on the only drive I've yet to boot may change that for a bit. :rolleyes:

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
Thanks,

Aren't the suites rentware? Not a Photoshop user, so AI activation code won't work for a suite. Gotta be standalone AI. Was there a standalone version after AI10?

edit: 466 is a legacy treasure, I've got QS and MDD/OS9 Special Edition. Former needs work and haven't been able to get OS9 onto the MDD.

3lectr1c

Active Tinkerer
May 15, 2022
the United States
www.macdat.net
CS4 didn’t officially support G4s (although it will run I believe) and CS3 wouldn’t run well at all on a 466, CS2 would definitely work better. It’s available on the garden as well as archive.org
I believe there is a standalone Illustrator CS2 installer out there, but I couldn’t find it from a quick check.

Nov 4, 2021
Tucson, AZ
The RentWare didn't start until after CS6 and if my memory isn't completely faded I don't think CS6 phoned home to activate. It just did a pre-internet era license code validation.
I remember the start of the RentWare clearly because we had to hold back on CS6 for a year or two before Adobe came up with a way to charge Education a fathomable price and made shared devices possible.

3lectr1c

Active Tinkerer
May 15, 2022
the United States
www.macdat.net
Internet activation started with CS2 actually, but since the activation servers for CS2 through 4 shut down it appears that Adobe released internet-free versions that have since been uploaded to archive sites.