Bluescsi 1.0A too quiet!

Drake

TinkerDifferent Board Vice-President 2023
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
@eric makes inferior product, much too quiet!
How will users know if their device is working if they cannot hear it? Electric cars require sound so users know "ok, it is working!". Same, Same.
Please see below for proof, Redscsi much better, much louder!

techav

Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2021
github.com
Nice!

I tried adding a transistor and a 5V relay to the I/O pin for the activity LED to make clicky noises for the same purpose. Was not successful. Somehow screwed up my first bluescsi in the process.

Drake

Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Nice!

I tried adding a transistor and a 5V relay to the I/O pin for the activity LED to make clicky noises for the same purpose. Was not successful. Somehow screwed up my first bluescsi in the process.
This board is the newest revision with headers just for this and resistors. The pins put out about 3v (from what I recall).
There are some things I have been experimenting with including small solenoids. Maybe now I will add a bell? Ding ding!

Reactions: pfuentes69

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
This board is the newest revision with headers just for this and resistors. The pins put out about 3v (from what I recall).
There are some things I have been experimenting with including small solenoids. Maybe now I will add a bell? Ding ding!
Just for fun: build into an empty Miniscribe 8425SA housing keeping the steppermotor and rotate the flag based on the seek commands...
Maybe doable?
:geek:

Drake

Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
I love that old miniscribe sound! I have 3 Jasmine 20MB drives for that purpose.
modern SD replacements are heaven sent BUT we can certainly lose some of a machines original appeal without the gentle whurrrrrrrrr CLICK CLICK CLICK BANG of HDD's :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: fehervaria