BlueSCSI DB25

660AV

New Tinkerer
Oct 14, 2023
Hi Eric, I have a Macintosh Centris 660AV. After 20 years it is in perfect working order. I am an amateur and have no computer skills. I would like to load the files downloaded from www.macintoshrepository.org 660AV but I don't know how to do it since it only reads floppy disks or CDs. I read about your BlueSCSI DB25 and plan to buy it, but I don't understand whether it is sufficient to connect it to the SCSI port or whether it requires dedicated software. And if so, how can I load it onto the centris 660AV? Thank you.

XKSTEVE

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2022
Somerset, United Kingdom.
The db25 blueSCSI is dead simple to use and maintain thanks to the fantastic work by its contributors.

You will need to setup an emulator on a modern Mac ( there are tonnes of tutorials on line and even YouTube videos on how to do this). All the links to emulator stuff are on the blueSCSI pages.

You will need to also get some blank HDD images from the blueSCSI GitHub. Plus a machine ROM file (read up on the legality of ROM images for Macs)

Using the emulator settings page add a a boot image (use the one from the blueSCSI GitHub page) and a blank HDD image file.

Using your modern mac download the software archives you wanted and put them in the shared “unix” folder that gets put on your desktop during emulator installation. This folder is a bridge between old and new as you can access it from both modern and emulated OS versions.

Now all that is needed is to copy the downloaded files to the HDD image in the emulator and once done simply copy the HDD image file to a SD card, put it in the blueSCSI DB25 and boot your 660. The HDD file on the blueSCSI will show as an additional disk on the 660 desktop.

There is a wealth of info about this online but make sure you follow the instructions to the. letter.

My blueSCSI DB25 v2, cased on the rear of my SE pictured.

hope that helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited: