Building my own 68k Performa / LC / Color Classic Test Bench

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Hrmmm? Has that database been updated with the info @techknight posted about doing 640x480 on the CC "the right way?" IIRC he said he'd do so, but never saw him post on how to do the same with the 12" RGB for LC.
He may not have had time, or maybe he decided against it due to issues presented by "the CORRECT way" method (i.e., "Apple prototype" method) mentioned in his 68kMLA thread. "What issues," you ask? Please read all of the posts by dkjones96 on page 7 of the thread, starting here:

As you can see, he later removed the "the CORRECT way" mod and implemented a more traditional VGA mod.

I mention all 3 methods in my CC VGA Mod video.

I still have the low voltage mod installed, but I've been considering doing the high-voltage mod so I can use the stock CC motherboard again. Why? For testing. Also, someone sent me a damaged LC520, and I salvaged the motherboard from it but can't use it because I have the low-voltage VGA mod installed. The Hi-voltage mod would enable me to use that LC520 motherboard too.

Trash80toG4

Active Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
Thanks, that's a very helpful answer in the negative. I'll check the discussion out and your video as well.

I've wondered about that for quite some time, but I've never had much interest in the CC. When it was covergirl'd on one of the Mac mags I thought it was hideous and definitely not a compact. Be that as it may, the Takky shenanigans have been fascinating. ;)

Am I correct in thinking that the harness bars of all drawer Macs have the same physical connections in terms of dimensions of the mounting ears?

Reactions: JDW

This Does Not Compute

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
www.youtube.com
Am I correct in thinking that the harness bars of all drawer Macs have the same physical connections in terms of dimensions of the mounting ears?
IIRC the motherboard edge-connector harness is the same dimensions regardless of Mac model, from the CC all the way up to the 6500. The depth of the motherboards changed with the 580/630 and onwards (which is why the Takky mod requires chassis surgery, to move the harness closer to the front of the computer).