Can Macintosh SE's CRT be monitor?

Highsheep

New Tinkerer
Aug 9, 2024
Hi. I just post thread about my broken Macintosh SE... Because of the working-well monitor, I want to try if the CRT can be a monitor that can be used to be AV monitor or something else? Just CRT is the hardest I think. Others can be done easily. I found the schematic and took photo of the yoke board (or socket board??). I want to ask if there're any open source program on GitHub or other website? Are there any like Gerber file or 3D print file??

Attachments

• Video board.png
    Video board.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Analog board.png
    Analog board.png
    430.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Yoke board.png
    Yoke board.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 24

wskjinfen

New Tinkerer
Mar 1, 2024
China
I don't recommend you to do this. If you dismantle this old device, it will be one less, and it will not work well as a modern monitor, and there is dangerous high voltage. If you can't repair it, it is recommended to sell it to someone who can. If you want to experience the appearance of a Macintosh monitor, it is best to 3D print the shell, which can be equipped with a modern LCD or OLED display.
If you insist on modifying it, you can buy an old 9-inch black and white TV with a CVBS interface, disassemble the internal circuit board, and after some not-so-complicated modifications, it can be used to drive the Mac's CRT

Anden Selmani

New Tinkerer
Sep 28, 2022
Albania
Hello my friend!

This is Very bad idea! Your machine functioning is good. Why break it? Simply get a Good Quality booting device for it!

YMK

Active Tinkerer
Nov 8, 2021
Unless you want to engineer your own analog board from scratch, the short answer is "no".

Highsheep

New Tinkerer
Aug 9, 2024
I don't recommend you to do this. If you dismantle this old device, it will be one less, and it will not work well as a modern monitor, and there is dangerous high voltage. If you can't repair it, it is recommended to sell it to someone who can. If you want to experience the appearance of a Macintosh monitor, it is best to 3D print the shell, which can be equipped with a modern LCD or OLED display.
If you insist on modifying it, you can buy an old 9-inch black and white TV with a CVBS interface, disassemble the internal circuit board, and after some not-so-complicated modifications, it can be used to drive the Mac's CRT
Okok, thanks for your help.