Can you see it?

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
I can totally see the sailboat. I dumno what you're talking about.

This mac was booting normally when it left the seller on its way to me.

IMG_9055.jpeg

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
I prolly should have added that there is no startup bong.

Not quite sure what to do other than reflow the crack-prone solder joints. I'm going to redo the whole thing, but this is just to get it working short-term.

I'm gonna power it on and poke at stuff with a plastic sticks.

Any other thoughts?

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
That's a new one to me... Share a pic of the logic board?
I'm in the process of pulling the sucker out. I have an accelerator board so the safety clip for the board connector is hard to release. In the process of inventing a new tool to pry it open. Like, there's no need for it to be connector-wide! It'll be getting a trim as soon as it comes out.

Also, this sounds like simisamad, one of the resolutions of which is you know... having a PRAM battery in place. 3D printing an adapter for three coin cells to attach!

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
Here are board images, front and back. Haven't figured out the best way to detach the killy clip on the accelerator. Lmk if any of you have a safe method - don't wanna break components/break the clip.

IMG_9057.jpeg
IMG_9058.jpeg

Daniel Hansen

Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Thanks! I assume it just lifts up, but I'm not familiar with this particular accelerator. But yeah it's the first thing I'd isolate for troubleshooting.

@Bolle - you made a recreation of the Performer and have some familiarity with this card... any insights?

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
The accelerator rides on the 68000 pins, piggyback like. Thing is, the clip holding it there is yellow olllld plastic. Eep! Hahaha.

RN I'm about to 3D print an SR44 to PX21 adapter, because one of the solutions is change the firmware battery. Couldn't hurt!