Color classic video and constantly asking to shut down issue after recap and cleaning.

Kothnaaken

New Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2022
So I finally got a new logic board for my CC that was working but the caps were showing signs of starting to leak so I cleaned it up. It worked fine initially but when I first got into System 7 it immediately brought up the 'do you want to shut down' dialogue box. At first dismissing it made it go away and I opened up another app to see the odd blotch in the tube I had noticed but then it started constantly giving that dialogue box and then started giving graphical artifacts. There's no ram or vram upgrades in it yet so I'd assume there's something wrong with either corrosion or gunk around there still or something else? The analog and logic boards have been capped.

Attachments

• IMG_20231126_215044.jpg
    IMG_20231126_215044.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

Kothnaaken

New Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2022
Turns out I missed two spots. One happened to be where the adb ports were and the corresponding chips and one ram chip had some gunk around it. Alcohol and a brush later, it works. Hopefully this can at least guide someone who has a similar issue in the right direction in the future.

Reactions: JeffC