Disk Jockey, a disk image file maker for your retro stuff - Beta for version 3!

drzeissler

New Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
21
0
1
I just installed a newer version of disk jockey. I think I got the concept of it! It's indeed very nice and has some very useful features, but I still have some questions on the correct usage. I was thinking about my LC with 6.08. and IIe card in the PDS slot. Beside the premade 54MB BlueSCSI images with either 32MB Prodos "Total Replay" or "Instant replay" and additional 20MB HFS storage I was thinking about using only one scsi-ID to get it all in one 9xxMB image file for a 1GB SD card. I can create one image-file with 6.0.8 preinstalled but there is no way to make the 2MB MacOS 6.08. partition larger. I can "add" both prodos replay-versions just fine but I have to fill up the space with an empty HFS partition instead of making the bootpartition (2MB) larger.

It is not a very big deal, it just works like it is, but the 2MB Bootpartition for 6.0.8 is indeed very small, so before installing the IIe software I was forced to delete some files in order to get some free space to install that IIe drivers. There will be more drivers/files to be added on the boot partition soon (gravis adb gamepad driver requires even more space than the IIe card-driver).

So in short, please add an option to let me change the size of the premade 6.08. boot partition.

Thx!
 

Attachments

  • Bildschirmfoto 2026-05-06 um 20.46.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2026-05-06 um 20.46.16.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

derFunkenstein

New Tinkerer
Aug 5, 2025
9
4
3
Thanks to this thread (and of course Disk Jockey - thank you @OneGeekArmy!!), I was able to get my LC II + Apple IIe card booting with four auto-mounted ProDOS partitions. What's even better is if I double-click the LAUNCHER.SYSTEM file on one of the drives, the card boots and directly launches that program. Total Replay, Instant Replay, and a couple of MECC collections work just great, no need for a Y-cable.

I'd be happy to share my image. It's got a 1 GB System 7.1 partition specifically for the LC II (nothing really installed on it yet because I wanted to get this working before I spent any time on it) along with the 4x 32 MB ProDOS partitions on a single HDA file.

I'm super happy with how this turned out. It almost makes me want to buy an LC 475 just to have the "ultimate" 68k Mac + Apple IIe setup in one little pizza box.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-02 at 7.40.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2026-10-02 at 7.40.12 AM.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3246.jpeg
    IMG_3246.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Kai Robinson