Drop unposted thread button would be great

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
Maybe would be better to add a button side by the "Post thread" button to be able to NOT post the text - something like "Drop unposted" - like a cancel button.
What do you think?

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2021-09-24 - 13.30.29.png
    Képernyőfotó 2021-09-24 - 13.30.29.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 37

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Hi, Attila.

You are asking for a CANCEL button to be added to "Post Thread." I can understand the desire to have that. However, I believe that is a part of XenForo and is something we cannot change. Looking at this XenForo discussion forum, it seems they didn't even have a Cancel button for EDIT POST in the past until people complained about it.

For now, the only solution is the web browser BACK button, or jump to another place in the forum. That will avoid posting anything.

• Wow
Reactions: fehervaria

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
Hi, Attila.

You are asking for a CANCEL button to be added to "Post Thread." I can understand the desire to have that. However, I believe that is a part of XenForo and is something we cannot change. Looking at this XenForo discussion forum, it seems they didn't even have a Cancel button for EDIT POST in the past until people complained about it.

For now, the only solution is the web browser BACK button, or jump to another place in the forum. That will avoid posting anything.
I had a guess, this is a development design decision from the forum engine developers. Just I don't get the point "why" . . .
But it is ok. Thank you for your answer.