Fat Head dough

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Hey Fat Heads. Anyone into this dough? My better half has me on low carb once again (very very sad times as I love to make velvety smooth doughs, bake breads etc.) so for Pizza Friday with my boys(wife is out hanging out with her girlfriends) I am making them a normal pizza & for myself, I am making fathead dough low carb pizza. Having made metric tonnes of normal yeast risen, wheat doughs, I can tell you this one is weird. Firstly it has no yeast, secondly it has no wheat. It is comprised of the following:

1.5C shred low moisture mozz
2oz cream cheese
3/4C almond flour
1/4tsp salt
1 egg

So when the dough comes together, it does look kindalike pizza dough but certainly does not act like it and where pizza dough is very light and airy with big cellular structure, fathead is dense thick like shortbread dough. I had to push the dough out with my fingers on the pizza pan. It's also very tacky and tends to stick to a prep table even with the use of additional dusting of amond flour, so rolling out to its full desired circumference just is not advisable. Anyhow, the pizza is in the oven right now so I am interested to see where it lands flavor wise, texturally etc.and will report back.

One other interesting fact is that the above formula has 137% of the daily recommended fat intake so yeah, this is before you put more cheese, pepperoni, sausage etc. on it. :oops:

Last edited:

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Ok here’s some pics.

B7C3D540-33EF-45C8-82DB-1FCDFE780162.jpeg

C21402EB-A21E-48EE-A5E8-2AC9F3F6616C.jpeg

66836000-08A7-4C60-AD76-499352529040.jpeg

Ok first impressions - it’s not terrible. It cops that thin crust vibe visually. Flavor - it’s surprisingly inert. You’d think with all that dairy that it would have more flavor but truthfully, not much going on there aside from some toasted cheese notes (kinda). I put some garlic in my fathead so it did have a nice nose as the garlic caramelized. Texture - it’s soft. There’s no wheat in this so it lacks crisp and without gluten, that chew of a well developed yeast pizza dough is just not there - nothing there to fight your tooth. It’s soft in that regard which is kinda weird. Oh yeah, this dough is sticky. It stuck to a nonstick pizza pan. I ended up forcing a 10” offset icing spatula under it to release it and Id think most folks probably don’t have that so whatcha gunna do? Even more fat? In the form of a pan release spray maybe? Nora fan of that characteristic at all.

I am a volume eater and I like to eat lotsa pizza when I make it and this dough is like a bazillion calories which prevents that if you’re at all cognizant of daily caloric intake etc. That just blew me away. Keto Folks gobble this stuff up like it’s nothing too. Crazy.
image.jpg

Those health stats are insane to me. It makes normal pizza look like freaking healthfood lol. Keto folks who sing the praise of this “dough” are so far down the rabbit hole.

FYI, I got this 1079 calorie dough out to the size of an average large pizza cut in 8 wedges, so one wedge, just the dough itself is 135 calories.

Crazy town. 😂