Favorite commercially available coffee?

pretzelFTW

New Tinkerer
Sep 5, 2022
I have had a Blue Bottle subscription for years. I love it but it's pricey and eco-unfriendly (since it's by mail). I wish I had a local roast that I liked as much.

There's something about the aroma or flavor (or maybe acidity?) that I just can't find elsewhere. Some day maybe someone who knows more about coffee can tell me what that is!

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I have had a Blue Bottle subscription for years. I love it but it's pricey and eco-unfriendly (since it's by mail). I wish I had a local roast that I liked as much.

There's something about the aroma or flavor (or maybe acidity?) that I just can't find elsewhere. Some day maybe someone who knows more about coffee can tell me what that is!

My favorite coffees are from Northern Europe (Gevalia is from Sweden for example). Something about how those are slow roasted and fast-cooled (snap) for a super smooth cup just does it for me. Now with any coffee bean, they’re not grown near NA or Europe for that matter so there’s that cost to consider. Still there are multiple points to a sustainable product so when Im looking at large producing commercial coffees, I look for a couple things - single origin and the Rainforest Alliance for sustainability claims. It doesn’t mean I won’t buy it but those are great ways to ensure there is at least some larger-view responsibility going on lol.

I still put local up front as I want as much of my money to go back into my local economy and I still drink my local piñon bean from Rio Grande Roasters because it’s darn good and affordable and local. I know that when I buy that product, it’s paying the wages of my neighbors and helping support the business that facilitates those neighbors puting food on their family’s tables.

Anyways, it’s a good cup for many reasons :)

Reactions: pretzelFTW