Well guys I should've posted this back in August instead of 7 days into September but... Hey at least I finally remembered to.
I came up with this idea towards the end of August thinking of how we do the PowerPC Challenge in January (We skipped it for 2026 because we didn't think it was viable anymore but I at least plan on bring it back for 2027 thanks to new stuff like PowerFox). Anyway I dunno how long we can keep this going but the idea is like SepTandy only you do projects with G5 Macs instead.
If any of you would like to join me for the rest of the month either post updates on here and or Youtube (and if you do on Youtube please add #G5tember at the end of your video title).

Here's my first project so far

More is coming on my channel this month and if you'd like to join please do! Maybe we can make this annual 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

phunguss

TinkerDifferent Board Vice President
Staff member
Dec 24, 2023
691
604
93
58
Stillwater, MN
Well guys I should've posted this back in August instead of 7 days into September but... Hey at least I finally remembered to.
I came up with this idea towards the end of August thinking of how we do the PowerPC Challenge in January (We skipped it for 2026 because we didn't think it was viable anymore but I at least plan on bring it back for 2027 thanks to new stuff like PowerFox). Anyway I dunno how long we can keep this going but the idea is like SepTandy only you do projects with G5 Macs instead.
If any of you would like to join me for the rest of the month either post updates on here and or Youtube (and if you do on Youtube please add #G5tember at the end of your video title).

Here's my first project so far

More is coming on my channel this month and if you'd like to join please do! Maybe we can make this annual 🤷🏻‍♂️
What are the specs of the G5 in this video (there were soooo many variations of the G5)?

[edit] Saw at 8:20 G5 Dual Core 2.5GHz (single CPU).
 
  • Like
Reactions: HrutkayMods
What are the specs of the G5 in this video (there were soooo many variations of the G5)?

[edit] Saw at 8:20 G5 Dual Core 2.5GHz (single CPU).
Yep I custom built it back in 2018…

anyway, I’m going to continue doing this even if not many other people respond or participate. I want to try to get this rolling as a thing. I have a video lined up for the 14th and the 20th and I’m probably going to do one or two more videos this month after that too. 🙂
 

Mark Anning

New Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2023
4
1
3
Brisbane Qld Australia
HI Greg, I have been enjoying your videos on this subject. Well done.

Although they appear to harbour a forest of capacitors, are thermally fragile, run fewer OS versions than the G4's and run OS X 10.4/5 less efficiently than the Intel Macs, you piqued my interest in them.
 
  • Love
Reactions: HrutkayMods

phunguss

TinkerDifferent Board Vice President
Staff member
Dec 24, 2023
691
604
93
58
Stillwater, MN
I still have one more video coming tomorrow guys... this month really got me into using my G5s again daily... It basically is getting my creative juices flowing again for my PPC Series... There's a number of ideas I want to do now so even if G5tember 2027 doesn't happen I was a great leap pad to get going again
Just remind us in August 2027 about G5tember so we have a little time to prepare next year!