I know this is probably more of an audio equipment thing than a Mac thing, but these are the ones that go with my Cube (with USB audio and everything), so...
Was playing around with the Cube last night and noticed the subwoofer with my soundsticks quit working again. Last time it was because the volume adjustment pot for the subwoofer was flaky, so I took the subwoofer apart, resoldered the legs going to the pot, and injected some contact cleaner and actuated the pot to clean out any gunk. This seemed to work, so I put it all back together, and it worked for a few months.
Now we're back here again, and it's the very same problem. If I apply a bit of pressure to the volume pot, the subwoofer works again. The minute I stop, it cuts out.
At this point I'm thinking I need to just replace the blasted thing because it's 26 years old and probably needs it. Except...I legitimately cannot find a pot that'll seemingly work in this thing. I do know it's a 2K ohm pot, with the markings B2 02 FJ. Photos attached.
If anyone knows of a good drop-in replacement for this, I'm all ears. At this point even willing to forego the fancy gray knob that comes stock on these, I just want it to work.
Not above trying to bodge in a custom replacement either but I'd rather exhaust my options first.
Was playing around with the Cube last night and noticed the subwoofer with my soundsticks quit working again. Last time it was because the volume adjustment pot for the subwoofer was flaky, so I took the subwoofer apart, resoldered the legs going to the pot, and injected some contact cleaner and actuated the pot to clean out any gunk. This seemed to work, so I put it all back together, and it worked for a few months.
Now we're back here again, and it's the very same problem. If I apply a bit of pressure to the volume pot, the subwoofer works again. The minute I stop, it cuts out.
At this point I'm thinking I need to just replace the blasted thing because it's 26 years old and probably needs it. Except...I legitimately cannot find a pot that'll seemingly work in this thing. I do know it's a 2K ohm pot, with the markings B2 02 FJ. Photos attached.
If anyone knows of a good drop-in replacement for this, I'm all ears. At this point even willing to forego the fancy gray knob that comes stock on these, I just want it to work.
Not above trying to bodge in a custom replacement either but I'd rather exhaust my options first.