Hey Everybody!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Dave, a vintage computer collector in the SF Bay Area. When COVID hit, I was at home a lot more than normally (like most of us) and was looking for something to do. So, I taught myself to solder and repair old computers, thanks to videos from YouTube. Since then, I've built a hobby finding and repairing the computers of my youth (late 1970's through early 2000's), most of them rescued from local flea markets or garage sales. What can I say, I like rooting through stuff!
In any case, my latest fun adventure has been putting together an online "museum" to share my collection and the stories behind finding and repairing the machines. Particularly fun (I think!) is that the site looks and behaves like a classic Macintosh. You can open folders and windows to explore computers in the collection. There are about 30 currently on display, and more to come. There’s also a special exhibit devoted to pocket computers and PDAs, plus you can play Pong and use a browser-based Applesoft BASIC simulator.
I'd be honored if you'd visit! After all, that's why I made the thing!
https://davescomputermuseum.com
I’d love to hear what you think, especially if you have memories of using any of these machines. Corrections and additional historical details are welcome, too!
Dave
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Dave, a vintage computer collector in the SF Bay Area. When COVID hit, I was at home a lot more than normally (like most of us) and was looking for something to do. So, I taught myself to solder and repair old computers, thanks to videos from YouTube. Since then, I've built a hobby finding and repairing the computers of my youth (late 1970's through early 2000's), most of them rescued from local flea markets or garage sales. What can I say, I like rooting through stuff!
In any case, my latest fun adventure has been putting together an online "museum" to share my collection and the stories behind finding and repairing the machines. Particularly fun (I think!) is that the site looks and behaves like a classic Macintosh. You can open folders and windows to explore computers in the collection. There are about 30 currently on display, and more to come. There’s also a special exhibit devoted to pocket computers and PDAs, plus you can play Pong and use a browser-based Applesoft BASIC simulator.
I'd be honored if you'd visit! After all, that's why I made the thing!
https://davescomputermuseum.com
I’d love to hear what you think, especially if you have memories of using any of these machines. Corrections and additional historical details are welcome, too!
Dave