HELP - Board re-cap, repair and test service?

rFirmstone

New Tinkerer
Jul 29, 2022
London
I have a number of SE/30, Classic and LC boards that I would like to have serviced.
Some are working, some have been recapped (failed) and others are not working.
Ideally I'm looking to get a few working boards out of all the boards I have.

Im a former techie and understand that its not a case if waving a magic wand, paying some money and suddenly I get brand new boards!
Unfortunately I don't have the time, skill or equipment to do this work myself.

Im looking for someone who has the right skills to carry out this work to a good standard.
Funds available based on the above or combination of swap for some existing equipment.

Previously used a company that works on Amiga's that has all the equipment and I believe offers a high quality service but with no capability to test Macs and some boards have come back not working. This is fair enough as I bought a recap and not repair service.

Happy to talk through requirement and expectations on the phone to make sure we are aligned.

Ideally based in the UK, alternatively Europe due to shipping costs.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
many thanks - I will wait for a reply from @Kai Robinson alternatively I will probably ship to you in the US!
You are welcome, @rFirmstone! :)

@AmigaOfRochester is based in the US and provides services to the US only. I am not adept at the actual physical work of recapping. I do not know who in the US will offer recapping services outside of the US. I know there are several VERY GOOD recappers in the UK. I wonder which one provides recapping services.

Let's wait and see if someone from the UK responds here or for Kai to respond to you.

AmigaOfRochester

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
You are welcome, @rFirmstone! :)

@AmigaOfRochester is based in the US and provides services to the US only. I am not adept at the actual physical work of recapping. I do not know who in the US will offer recapping services outside of the US. I know there are several VERY GOOD recappers in the UK. I wonder which one provides recapping services.

Let's wait and see if someone from the UK responds here or for Kai to respond to you.
I'll take orders from other places, but shipping is crazy but not too bad. Shipped a bunch of stuff to Sweden and it wasn't terrible

Reactions: retr01