Help identifying this Ethernet card from my SE/30

Jamieson

New Tinkerer
May 3, 2022
Batavia, IL
Any ideas what make/model this Ethernet card is? It was installed in my SE/30. The green LED turns on when connected to an Ethernet switch.
Is a driver is required to make this work? I'm running a stock 7.5.5 OS installation currently.
nic1.jpg
nic2.jpg
nic3.jpg
nic4.jpg

Jamieson

New Tinkerer
May 3, 2022
Batavia, IL
I tried installing some Dayna drivers, but the included utilities did not detect the card. So I'm not sure what card it is, but it turns out system 7.5.5 supports it natively, no drivers required. Once I got Open Transport installed and configured I was up and running, connected to my home network. :)

A few things I read suggested that the empty PLCC socket is intended for a math coprocessor. That's not needed on an SE/30, but still, pretty cool!

td2.jpg

Last edited:

fred1212

Tinkerer
Jul 27, 2022
I have same Sonic Systems card and Tattletech identifies it. I have installed SE and NUbus/pds drivers but get "Could not switch to ethertalk due to an error. Your connection will be reset to Localtalk" this is the message I get. Have three options, ethernet 1 & 2 and Alternative in Network Control Panel and all give same error. Any one suggest what to look for. Using system 7.1 and have tried 7.5.5 same result with either