Help With TL866 ii Plus on a MAC

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Don't worry about those - they're just the source files. They have no bearing on the execution of the app once it's compiled - which it already is.

You need to download the Windows application as the updateII.dat file is in there. It's not part of minipro.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
If it is part of the install or app package, it would not appear in the search. Oops. So, it would help if you located the Xgprov1205 install package to right-click and open the package contents to see the updateii.dat file. Is that right, @pocketscience?

Reactions: pocketscience

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
Holy cats I found it but now I get this issue...
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 6.35.57 PM.png

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
In the archive I linked to the file is just "updateII.dat" - not sure where that one you have is from... minipro will tel you the version details when you try to use though.

So, at the terminal you need to be typing:

minipro -F /Users/jacobjanoski/Downloads/updateII_v10.71.dat

(assuming I typed that correctly based on your screenshot)

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
In the archive I linked to the file is just "updateII.dat" - not sure where that one you have is from... minipro will tel you the version details when you try to use though.

So, at the terminal you need to be typing:

minipro -F /Users/jacobjanoski/Downloads/updateII_v10.71.dat

(assuming I typed that correctly based on your screenshot)
So progress but now this, it shouldn't be this complicated but I also forget how to extract an rar. properly so yay I have unarchiver and 7zip but both extract the rar. as a Experian Profiler .exe. here's what I get with doing what you said.
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 7.04.08 PM.png

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
OK, just checked the code.. even if it's already in boot loader mode it should attempt the update:

if (handle->status == MP_STATUS_BOOTLOADER)
fprintf(stderr, "in bootloader mode!\n");
int ret = minipro_firmware_update(handle, firmware);
minipro_close(handle);

So the fact that yours isn't being recognised isn't good. I'm not sure if the ICSP port can be used to reflash it. Need to do some digging. I'm at work currently so limited time. Will try this evening.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Zsh is MacOS' default shell these days since Apple switched from bash to zsh. However, it can be changed, such as to bash. Zsh is more customizable than bash. And faster.

Last edited: