Utah, USA
retr01.com
I found more photos, schematics, documentation, etc., for the Apple III! :D

1659373685816.png

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
Ok great news and some bad. The good news is I have a beautiful condition replacement top lid and keyboard plastics that are unyellowed and in fantastic shape. The bad news is the screws were rusted and I had to drill out multiple screws. Also it didn't turn on, hence why I opened it up. Well it turns out a little mouse or rodent decided to very recently make it it's home/bathroom so I used a vacuum and sucked out most of it. The metal on the bottom of the case needs some polishing and maybe a silver respray as it was pretty rusty but only really in the Power Supply area. Seeing that the keyboard PCB and logic board needed to be cleaned ASAP I figured I'd ship it to @AmigaOfRochester (it's on its way) and see if after cleaning he could get it running. I also threw in the Powers supply so a recap and clean of all three of these components should greatly help. Another positive here is what was included (photos below), this came with the 5V memory board, Apple Profile I/O card, 20 blank floppies, 5 Apple III Disk Ware Program floppies, The Apple III System Utilities Manual, the Apple III Backup III User's Manual, The Apple III Standard Device Drivers Manual, Apple III Plus Disk-ware and Backup III Disk-ware Program Floppies, and the Apple III Confidence Program Manual and accompanying Floppy. Also if anyone needs spare Apple III Keyboard Plastics/trim I have a great condition example but it is yellowed.

Photos:

Old Plastics:
tempImageQ1XqEs.jpg

New Plastics:

tempImagekCi8XI.jpg

Included items:

tempImagecLNds0.jpg

Apple III I/O Card:

tempImageKzIjPN.jpg

Damage on PSU Plate:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 11.43.57 PM.png

• Wow