[Idea] Macintosh 68k Programming Study Group?

OneGeekArmy

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Belgium
diskjockey.onegeekarmy.eu
Late to the party (story of my life), but this is a most excellent idea.

Disk Jockey has made me reimplement stuff in Swift (device partitioning, HFS, resource and data forks, ...) but to access it all programmatically (as Bruce Horn and Steve Capps intended) is an extremely enticing prospect.
I made several unsuccessful attempts using CodeWarrior in the mid-90s, but I feel like 25 years of aging and maturing (mostly aging, though) may have brought me the perspective I needed.

So, onwards I say!

Reactions: eric and Mu0n

Patrick

Tinkerer
Oct 26, 2021
I made several unsuccessful attempts using CodeWarrior in the mid-90s, but I feel like 25 years of aging and maturing (mostly aging, though) may have brought me the perspective I needed.
same here. i was very confused and was unable to do anything with codewarrior in the mid-90's. other then directly copy from the book. but try to do anything myself i was lost.

NOW. with more xp and lots of aging. i feel like i'm starting to get things. (this time with think c .... )

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Study Group 2 is up - Events and Menu's - Study Group #3 will be Dialogs, then I'll be looking for some help on some topics for #4 and onwards, reply here if you'd like to help and discuss what topics you'd suggest!

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
Study Group 2 is up - Events and Menu's - Study Group #3 will be Dialogs, then I'll be looking for some help on some topics for #4 and onwards, reply here if you'd like to help and discuss what topics you'd suggest!

1) Interrupt functions (InsTime, Vinstall) + timing measurements

2) Offscreen graphics for moving fluid objects with CopyBits, BlockMove, or using a low-memory address for the reserved offscreen whole screen bitmap (only works with earliest compact macs)

3) Sound (square wave synth, 4-tone synth, freeform synth) Driver or Sound Manager

4) Game loop logic with mouse/keyboard control