Sydney, Australia
This just arrived for my SE/30.. vroom vroom..!! 🏎️
IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
I think @max1zzz had someone drop off the 40MHz version? There's discussion about it (but no development thread as yet) over at the MLA?

What I'm most curious about would be the possibility of topping InterwareX0 off with an unmodified Asante NIC? Fitment for installing RCPII/si horizontally would be pretty slick! Would likely need an offset to line up the PDS connection on X, Y axes for fitment though? Two cards w/o the tall, complex adapter requiremnt works for me.

Last edited:

max1zzz

Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
I think @max1zzz had someone drop off the 40MHz version? There's discussion about it (but no development thread as yet) over at the MLA?
I just brought a 33mhz IIvi card off someone at 68k (and was also bidding on a 40Mhz IIci card on ebay but I lost that one by $2.50...) Haven't received it yet though so will need some FI into it's cloneabality and suitability for modification once I get it

Reactions: retr01

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Also curious how that thing benchmarks against an accelerator with 50MHz and cache - DiiMO or PowerCache
I'm curious as well. I have the DiiMO (which you kindly repaired for me -- thank you!) and the socketed PowerCache. In every benchmark test I've tried, the DiiMO is just a tad bit faster than the PowerCache, even though both have '030 processors running at 50MHz. I believe the reason is due to a slightly larger cache on the DiiMO. So of course, I too am interesting in knowing how the Interware board benchmarks!

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Was planning to benchmark with Speedometer, but let me know if you'd like to see results from something different.. My stock SE/30 benchmark from previous test.

Attachments

• QuickSANE-OFF.JPG
    QuickSANE-OFF.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 66

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
@pocketscience
Speedometer 3.x and 4.x are different, so you would need to specify the version used.

Doing Norton 3.5.x Speed Info is another good benchmark to run.

I also recommend running MacBench 3.0 (all tests), as that will run on an SE/30 just fine, whereas version 4.0 will not.

The combination of those 3 apps is what I tend to use, although when testing drive performance (which is not so relevant in your case), I use other apps in addition to those.

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
@JDW - yes good point. That screenshot above is from Speedometer 3.x from memory, so that's what I'll use for my benefit.

Will dig out the others you reference and document results with them as well.

• Love
Reactions: JDW

JTRetro

New Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
@Bolle -In the past I've benchmarked it against a Micromac Diimo and a Daystar 68030; it is indeed a bit slower, but still way faster than a stock SE/30. If folks want me to, I will happily do some testing and post the results here!

Reactions: retr01 and JDW