I haven't been able to figure this one out yet.This monitor was last powered up about 2 years ago, so I was going to disassemble, wash the plastics, try to get some tape residue off, dust the inside and maybe even a little buffing of the acrylic. Had done this on one 3 or so years ago and things went OK. The picture on this one when last used couldn't have been better EXCEPT, as per photos below, the antireflective coating has come off from the bottom half. This appears to be an applied coating and not a film to peel off.
I've tried some small areas with light abrasives to remove it all of the way but eventually bailed out and hoped it would come off easier with time. It's still bonded pretty well. Either cleaning and recoating or removing is fine with me if anyone has some ideas or experience.
Also, any "do it while you have it disassembled" suggestions?
I've tried some small areas with light abrasives to remove it all of the way but eventually bailed out and hoped it would come off easier with time. It's still bonded pretty well. Either cleaning and recoating or removing is fine with me if anyone has some ideas or experience.
Also, any "do it while you have it disassembled" suggestions?