LC series laser cut case

Drake

TinkerDifferent Board Vice-President 2023
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
I had an orphan LCII motherboard sent my way recently that was more than happy to be alive after some trace repairs and a recap. I also happened to have a spare PSU from a customer that had no home.

But I didn't have a case! what to do?
simple answer, order the Creality Falcon 2 laser cutter/engraver and design a new LC friendly case.

I loaded up Affinity Designer and went to work with a set of calipers to create the following layout with 3mm wood in mind for testing.

1.JPG

I wanted a compact layout so moving the PSU was important, I fiddled with the idea of overhanging stands that would support the PSU with extra feet cut from themselves for bracing. Why waste wood, right?

20240108_162207.jpg

Everything came out quickly and neatly in ~13 minutes and went together like Lego radiating camp fire smoke.

20240108_163206_HDR.jpg

The motherboard slotted in perfectly and was affixed to the bottom plate with screw mounts, The slots on the sidewalls may be unnecessary...

20240108_182139.jpg
20240108_182213.jpg

I embellished the top with my little Satanic Mac Club ram devil and "Elcee" just because! If anyone wants to play with the design or improve upon it you're more than welcome! You can grab the .PDF here: Satanic Mac Club LC Case

Attachments

• LCcase.pdf
    8.9 KB · Views: 28