Lead times on mouser

winters

New Tinkerer
Mar 23, 2022
Western Virginia
Hey all, just a quick question. I am looking to order a few parts to recap an SE analog board and some of the parts say they have a long lead time. When I look further it says potentially Oct-Jan (its the middle of July now for future reference). Have others found these delays to be accurate? If so, I may just order a few more than I need so that I wont need to worry in the future, although it would be a shame to have to wait 3+ months. I am using the mouser order that JDW posted in his video for recapping the SE and SE/30 analog boards (https://bit.ly/37metyA). Thanks!

bakkus

Staff member
Mar 18, 2022
I was just looking at the same thing - yeah, some parts have apparently gone out of stock and now have LONG lead times. Would love to hear people's experiences.

cy384

New Tinkerer
Nov 18, 2021
USA
www.cy384.com
it looks like it's just two types of capacitors that are out of stock? switching to some other similar part is probably worth it, the supply crunch in electronics makes actual ship times hard to predict right now.

maybe you could try the "B41888C5478M000" and "MAL225090105E3" instead? (not an EE but those match all the important specs, at least)

• Love
Reactions: winters

skate323k137

Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
Sadly this has been going on for months / years now.

With capacitors if I cannot find what I need in a series (same manufacturer and series caps) then I start on digikey sorting parts by critical specs and lead spacing. Learning to cross-reference and navigate the parts search is pretty critical now.

• Wow

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
For any of the 100nf axials - ANY should do - i bought from eBay before and had 0 issues.

For the electrolytic axials...these ARE admittedly getting harder to find as only really CDE make them.

ScutBoy

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Northfield, MN USA
I've had an order with Mouser from last November where 1 cap is still on backorder. I think they say September at this point.

I long ago found another place to get the cap, but I'm keeping this order alive since I'm curious when they'll finally send it...