Logic Board - Macintosh Classic Reloaded

biho

New Tinkerer
May 17, 2022
Both boards are back in stock at MacEffects :)
just two more questions, do you know what the shipping fee to austria would be and is there a part list for the components on the bottom side (i would order new components for the back side only).

Last edited:

mechsupreme

New Tinkerer
Apr 23, 2022
Ordered the board, hate to be a bother but you said you had p&p and BOM for the board, would it be possible to get a copy of those? thanks Rick

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Ordered the board, hate to be a bother but you said you had p&p and BOM for the board, would it be possible to get a copy of those? thanks Rick
Sure, i'll attach them here :)

Attachments

• MacintoshClassicBOM.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 100
  • MacintoshClassicPnP.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Mac84

chrisangellis

New Tinkerer
May 10, 2022
New Hampshire
Hello, I need to buy a new rom ic socket for the classic reloaded board. I damaged mine trying to remove it. It is the last part I need to complete my project. I'm having trouble finding the right ic socket. Thanks!

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
Kai or others. I have a classic II giving me tight format jail bars. Board is recapped and so is analog. Voltages are good. I have removed and cleaned below, pads and chips for 2 of the 4 memory, audio and edge. All areas prone to damage and all looked very good. Still have bars. Any suggestions and things to try?

Attachments

• 9C94B22D-9A30-4470-AECD-42CA54ABFBD0.jpeg
    9C94B22D-9A30-4470-AECD-42CA54ABFBD0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46

Kai Robinson

Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Hello, I need to buy a new rom ic socket for the classic reloaded board. I damaged mine trying to remove it. It is the last part I need to complete my project. I'm having trouble finding the right ic socket. Thanks!

Hi Chris - any 42 pin dual wipe socket should be just fine - I get mine from eBay UK, might as well get a few, just in case! :)

JohnnyPhantom

New Tinkerer
Aug 31, 2022
Can't wait for the Gerber files to be released. I have a Macintosh Classic who's board has some issues, and I'm sure I didn't help it at all. And a 2nd board where the battery has eaten most of the corner up and ruined at least 5 traces. Tempted to order a board from MacEffects, but there's something about ordering my own board with the gerber files and having it made in purple (or maybe a more original green color) Hoping the public release is soon, or that I can Donate/Tip Jar some funds to Kai for the files for his hard work

Reactions: Kai Robinson

Kai Robinson

Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Well, you can tip/donate if you'd like to - JDW's video's have a link on them - but, and i stress this, this was done for the community as a whole, not for financial gain in any way - i'm just happy that my projects have been of benefit to the community!

The gerbers and Sprint files will be going online this weekend, to GitHub, the only reason i've not been able to do it, is @boopbox123 and I have been moving into our own flat, where i've finally got lab space. In between moving, we've also recently got cats, and on top of that, i've just started a new job so....a little busy! :D

JohnnyPhantom

New Tinkerer
Aug 31, 2022
Sure, i'll attach them here :)
What's the easiest way to order the parts from the files? is there a way to upload the list to mouser or digikey? I've never been good at ordering parts, never know which ones to chose when I do a search for a part. I may try just saving what's already on the boards I have

Kai Robinson

Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
What's the easiest way to order the parts from the files? is there a way to upload the list to mouser or digikey? I've never been good at ordering parts, never know which ones to chose when I do a search for a part. I may try just saving what's already on the boards I have
I'm working on a BOM and a PnP to go with the Gerbers, that way most of the board can be pre-populated with parts by JLCPCB and you don't have to install the really fiddly stuff.

JohnnyPhantom

New Tinkerer
Aug 31, 2022
I'm working on a BOM and a PnP to go with the Gerbers, that way most of the board can be pre-populated with parts by JLCPCB and you don't have to install the really fiddly stuff.
Has there been luck with this? was there a ETA set?

Thanks! Not trying to rush you, take your time, just eager to get my classic back in action.

Reactions: JDW

Kai Robinson

Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Has there been luck with this? was there a ETA set?

Thanks! Not trying to rush you, take your time, just eager to get my classic back in action.
Not for the github yet, just not had the time - however I did post both the BOM and the PnP earlier in this thread.

Kay K.M.Mods

Active Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
Tokyo
www.kerosmm.com
I had to report it here. I'm sorry @Kai Robinson !

Thanks for this very beautiful logic board, I appreciate it!
I had a lot of fun soldering. The PCB is small, so I can recommend it to everyone.

o0800060015202678504.jpg

See the details of my blog here:

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
@Kai Robinson Hope you can give me a pointer or direction to go. I have 2 classic reloaded boards completed and they are both booting but the audio is VERY low. When I press the rest button, the chime can be heard but its very low. Thanks for any input or guidance you can provide.

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
@Kai Robinson Hope you can give me a pointer or direction to go. I have 2 classic reloaded boards completed and they are both booting but the audio is VERY low. When I press the rest button, the chime can be heard but its very low. Thanks for any input or guidance you can provide.
Got the issue resolved. A wrong value resistor was on the board for the sound power source. Think this was my error in selecting a replacement for an out of stock item and selected the wrong value. Good thing, it is the only place this resistor is used.