Macintosh Classic Reloaded, almost done.

chrisangellis

New Tinkerer
May 10, 2022
New Hampshire
Has anyone else complete a Macintosh Classic Reloaded board yet? Did you have any issues? I am very close to testing my board. Just waiting for a few more parts to arrive. Everything you see is harvested off a battery bombed mac classic board. I did pull the BBU from a mac SE, hope that was ok. If you see any crazy mistakes in these pictures let me know! I love the red board. Really pops with the black parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 94

chrisangellis

New Tinkerer
May 10, 2022
New Hampshire
I had a few things that needed to be tweaked but it works! Phew! I haven't decided if I want to add a battery holder to it yet. That is what destroyed the last board. It would be a shame if I drop dead and my kids never take the battery out and 30 years form now someone finds it bombed. LOL. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
@chrisangellis, that is awesome! :) (y) I wonder if a button style battery is better than the 1/2 AA style? Is there a battery holder that holds the chemical in the event of battery leakage? I realize that may not be economical to have that because of material involved that is expensive to be able to contain corrosion?

LongAlphabet

New Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
I was unaware the reloaded board was being made for the Classic as well! Pretty cool - are reloaded boards being created for every mac logic boad that had a PRAM battery holder on the board? (Speaking from experience of losing an SE/30 to this 'bomb').

max1zzz

Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
What about the IIci? 🤩
(quietly hoping for a IIsi board emerging one day… 😉)
I think both me and @Kai Robinson have considered the IIsi and IIci but they are 6 layer boards so require completely redrawing like @Bolle did with the SE/30 rather than just tracing. I'll defiantly be looking at them in the future though if someone doesn't beat me to it
My next board (after spending some time on a couple of other projects I need to work on) will be the LC 475, which is also a 6 layer board so will be good practice for the larger IIsi and IIci :)

Trash80toG4

Active Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
I think both me and @Kai Robinson have considered the IIsi and IIci but they are 6 layer boards so require completely redrawing like @Bolle did with the SE/30 rather than just tracing. I'll defiantly be looking at them in the future though if someone doesn't beat me to it
Methinks @Bolle is already well on his way down the IIsi road. Just before I started bugging you about morphing your LCIII into the Compact form factor I was posting about reformatting IIsi for the SE/30, driving its CRT from Vampire Video at 12" RGB res. ISTR he PM'd me saying something like "it catched me somehow," had mooshed some components around into the outline of his SE/30 design and included a partial rat's nest pic.

That'll be killer if and when. 20MHz board with PowerCache, NIC, NuBus Slot AND his GS card in a Crystal Clear Case should onboard Vampire crap not prove sustainable. ;)

PowerSE/30si upgrade supported too! :p

Reactions: LongAlphabet