panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
Dear Tinkerers,
I've recently bought a Bluescsi for my Macintosh Plus.
However, Every disk image I could find online for the mac plus was System 7.0 and up. (system 7 and up requires 4MB of ram)
My mac plus has only 2mb ram installed. I was able to get it running on 7.5.5 but now I have less than half a MB ram left.
Does any of you fellow mac guru's know which system I should run on my 2MB mac plus and where I can find the files for it?
Thank you very much in advance!
Panabix.

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
Thanks! Got it to run successfully, however now I can’t add applications because sheepshaver and basiliskII won’t boot into the .hda file for some reason.

skate323k137

Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
I generally create a bootable image to keep locally for Basilisk II itself, and then add the other disk(s) I wish to populate for BlueSCSI as additional disks to be mounted.

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
I was able to get 6.0.8 running on my mac plus through the bluescsi, but I’m unable to run it in sheepshaver or basiliskII. I was able to boot basiliskII and my mac plus into system 7.0.1 but that leaves me with not enough memory to run microsoft word. And that’s essentially what I want to do with the machine when it’s all configured. Use it as a writing tool.

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
If you want to share the image I can take a look as to why it might not be working in Basilisk. It wont work in sheep shaver for sure - thats a PowerPC emulator.

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
It is the image in the dropbox link pfuentes69 posted in this thread above.
Thank you. :)

Reactions: eric

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
So at a quick glance that is the RaSCSI 6.0.8 image(which is good!) - what issue did you have when trying to use it? Can you screen shot any errors or issues you had? Note that you can rename it to `.dsk` - bluescsi doesn't care about the extension, but sometimes emulators do (even though there is no standards).

Reactions: panabix

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
So I renamed the file to "dsk". Now I can mount it but I bump into this message:
Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 15.33.57.png

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Well now come to think of it I used Basilisk II to install/create that image but I'm not sure if I ever booted it in the emulator - just on a real machine. It appears BII does not allow booting system 6.

A work around would be to add two disks to the emulator - a system 7.x as the boot - and then your 6.0.8 image. This way you can move files on and off easily without the requirement of booting system 6 in an emulator.

Reactions: wottle and panabix

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
Now I am booted into 7.0.1 in Basilisk II. On the deskop are the two drives visible. What should I do to add files like MS word now?

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
In Basilisk II's settings there's a setting to share your PC or mac with the emulated system. In windows it's called "Enable "my Computer" icon on your Mac desktop (external file system)" and on mac it's called "Unix root:" - then you can download files from the garden and put them in that share, and copy them to your 6.0.8 image.

Reactions: panabix

panabix

New Tinkerer
Apr 19, 2022
I succesfully set up the "unix:root" but for some reason it won't show up on my desktop. Could it have something to do with this message which I get when booting?
Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 16.10.18.png

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
That can be ignored, you're not using appletalk - so if you uncheck unix root does it work again?

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Ahh I now remember one part of the puzzle! For shared folders/drives to work you need System 7.5+. Here's what I just did to make it work:
Download RaSCSI 7.5.3
Download RaSCSI 6.0.8
(I also had the legacy recovery cd in there too)

Using a IIci rom.

Set 7.5.3 as the boot drive
Add 6.0.8
Set Unix Root

Booted and:

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 9.43.49 AM.png

HTH