Tinkerer
Jan 27, 2023
Tennessee
Just picked up this 'Macintosh SE'
IMG_20230303_121615.jpg
IMG_20230303_121531.jpg

IMG_20230303_122551.jpg
IMG_20230303_122911.jpg

Yep it's really an SE/30 and it has an Asante MacCon! I thought I took a picture of the ethernet PDS card too but I guess I didn't. No exploded battery but the caps need replacing and the power supply/analog board might have issues given the dire warning. Overall it looks very good inside aside from being a little dusty.

Garrett

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
MN, USA
Nice score! On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a Samsung CRT without burn-in. Clinton must have figured something out that Samsung couldn't - either that or the Samsung tubes were just used without screen savers.

MacOfAllTrades

Tinkerer
Oct 5, 2022
Well I've gone from absolutely nothing to powers on but only displays a single bright dot on the screen to horizontal line on the screen to Simasimac. Slowly making progress bringing this thing back to life.
Did you just have to recap the analog board (to get to current samasi mac state)?

bet you it is a mux issue. Next recap the motherboard, it no change then check muxes?

AvadonDragon

Tinkerer
Jan 27, 2023
Tennessee
Did you just have to recap the analog board (to get to current samasi mac state)?

bet you it is a mux issue. Next recap the motherboard, it no change then check muxes?
Good suggestions. Yes I recapped the analogue board/Power Supply first to make the progress that I did. I already did the recap of the logic board as the next step but didn't reassemble and test the system afterwards. I stalled out on the project because I decided a massive reorganization was needed. I'm working on converting my garage into a lab for all my projects. My father fell ill though which further derailed me. Just now getting back to it.