Macintosh SE ROM Replacement PCBs...

AlexCL

Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021

Kai Robinson had a post on another forum with a PCB for replacing Mac SE ROMs with common EPROMs. Do we know the resistor rating for the RN1?​

I attached the gerbers for that board from the post.

Attachments

• TC531000 to 27C010 EEPROM Adapter.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 43

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Hello, @AlexCL. :)

If referring to the R1, the values are 10kΩ 1/4W 1%. I was not able to find RN1 on the SE logic board. Is it the R1 in the A1 area of the board?

If you meant another resistor, please let me know. AFAIK, the SE board has resistors starting with "R" and then a number.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
By the way, much information, including values in the BOM (bill of materials), is generously provided in those videos. :) Let me know if you need help getting to the list directly.

Reactions: VicNor

AlexCL

Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
Thank you for the resistor values...the resistor pack in the attached photo is the item I need to ID...an actual part number would be helpful if someone has that as I'm an electronics newb but can cross-reference.

I'm looking at the ROM board to create custom ROMs with ROM Disks for booting the system from ROM like the Classic.

Also playing with the PiStorm on the Mac SE and might want to use custom ROM code for (if I can figure it out) for stability/extended features.

I've been lurking on the scene and following the Mac SE Reloaded saga on and off.

I found that I ordered 20 of the PCBs from June of 2021 and wanted to dust them off and try to create some custom ROMS.
DSC_0388_2.jpg

Last edited:

AlexCL

Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
FDHD ROMS are some of the unavailable chips...so this board could be used for the Mac SE Reloaded builds too.

AlexCL

Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
Thank you so much for the Reply...I bought a variety pack from Amazon and it has 1K resistors in the pack.