My Macintosh Iici with 50 MHz 030 card

MrPickles2169

New Tinkerer
Sep 22, 2023
Long Beach, CA
I just re-caped this machine over the weekend. I purchased this from a local News Paper Reporter by in 1999 when Y2K was a concern. It came with the Original boxes. I't been in storage since then. I was smart enough to remove the battery back then, but the capacitors did leak. I have it all in woking condition. I've installed BlueSCSI v2, a NuBus Network card, BMOW ROM, and 32 MB Ram.
Diimo info.png
TattleTech CPU.png
Speedometer.png

IMG_3678.JPG
IMG_9411.jpeg
IMG_2947.jpeg

Mk.558

New Tinkerer
Nov 11, 2023
Nice. By the way how much do those 50MHz accelerators go for? I've basically never seen one in the past few years.

Reactions: RetroViator

JeffC

Tinkerer
Sep 26, 2021
Seattle, WA
Nice. By the way how much do those 50MHz accelerators go for? I've basically never seen one in the past few years.
A few months back I picked up a DayStar PowerCache 50mhz card for $250, plus $25 for the Mac II adapter the guy had. Granted it is not a Diimo, but it's a data point. I don't know if the Diimo cards are more desirable. You could also check eBay sold auctions.

JeffC

Tinkerer
Sep 26, 2021
Seattle, WA
@MrPickles2169, do you have a Floppy EMU? @JDW is having trouble with his accelerated IIci (DayStar accelerator) not being able to read 400k or 800k floppies or images using his Floppy EMU. I am curious if it is a problem with accelerated IIci's in general, or unique to his machine/accelerator.

Reactions: JDW

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
@MrPickles2169, do you have a Floppy EMU? @JDW is having trouble with his accelerated IIci (DayStar accelerator) not being able to read 400k or 800k floppies or images using his Floppy EMU. I am curious if it is a problem with accelerated IIci's in general, or unique to his machine/accelerator.
Thanks for your kindness, Jeff. I suspect he may not have any issues at the stock 50MHz speed. In my case, I have a stock 40MHz Daystar Turbo040 card for my IIci which I later overclocked to 44MHz via XTAL swap, and it was after that XTAL swap the 400K and 800K floppies became unreadable, although 1.44MB floppies continue to work. That's true even when using a custom ROM SIMM. I am still working with Joakim Larsson, based in Sweden, it try different ROM SIMM hacks. That process is still ongoing.

Anyway, those boxes shown in the opening post are immaculate! Best vintage boxes I've ever seen. And of course, the content in those boxes look spectacular too. That full page display is to die for! No yellowing. No cracks. Just like it should be! Picture is perfectly centered and crisp. Stunning!

Reactions: JeffC

MrPickles2169

New Tinkerer
Sep 22, 2023
Long Beach, CA
Anyway, those boxes shown in the opening post are immaculate! Best vintage boxes I've ever seen. And of course, the content in those boxes look spectacular too. That full page display is to die for! No yellowing. No cracks. Just like it should be! Picture is perfectly centered and crisp. Stunning!
Thank you. The only issue I have is that the original keyboard (not the one in the picture) doesn't seem to work. It's not discolored but failed to work. I need to see if I figure out what is wrong with it.

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
@MrPickles2169
The keyboard is the only part of your IIci kit which seems yellowed in your opening post photo. Did that yellow in storage, unlike the computer and monitor? Or was the keyboard used by you during the years? If used, I would suggest opening it to check the solder joins for the ADB connectors. Also check for any electrolytic capacitors. I had to recap my IIgs keyboard because it stopped working with my SE/30 at one point. Recapping fixed the issue.