New Macintosh Portable PMGR Prototype Available

campbellashe

Tinkerer
Sep 8, 2025
60
36
18
Asheville, NC
To all,

MacPortable-PMGR
(https://github.com/2tf2294x4g-maker/MacPortable-PMGR)

Here is my version 0.1 of the PMGR. It is working in a M5120 and can boot, run, charge on 7.5.3 and 6.0.8 (others too but I just haven't tried them).
My testing platforms were a M5120 with a Replacement Hybrid
It took many hours at the bench and desk to figure out and I did rely on Claude and ChatGPT for a lot of help with coding and organization -- you can go through credits pretty fast.....

The soldering is also a bit of a pain as implemented especially for the castellated board.
I did just create a new breakout board in the repo that will be more user friendly than soldering onto the J21 connector. I have not tried it out myself as it is still on the way from being ordered.

Overall it has been a fun project, though I'm still working through some of the kinks -- especially the charging.

So all those with blown PMGR this provides a good option to get the computer up and running.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

campbellashe
IMG_3016.jpeg
 
Last edited: