Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
IMG_7115.png

XKSTEVE

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2022
Somerset, United Kingdom.
It’s gone mad. This time last year I got a cap banged LCIII for £30.00 with some nice ram upgrades inside. Now people are asking stupid amounts. My IIci only cost me £90 delivered and it was full of the important cards Yet some sellers think these are worth £££. Admittedly they are not so common finds here in the UK But reallly!!!

Reactions: 2112st

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
It’s gone mad. This time last year I got a cap banged LCIII for £30.00 with some nice ram upgrades inside. Now people are asking stupid amounts. My IIci only cost me £90 delivered and it was full of the important cards Yet some sellers think these are worth £££. Admittedly they are not so common finds here in the UK But reallly!!!
Dude, I'm telling ya-they have a crack cocaine habit to support. 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Reactions: XKSTEVE

Nixontheknight

Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
Same, I got an LC III back in 2020/2021 for $50, and a year or two ago, I got a PowerBook 180 for $100

Reactions: XKSTEVE

XKSTEVE

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2022
Same, I got an LC III back in 2020/2021 for $50, and a year or two ago, I got a PowerBook 180 for $100
Umm - its got ridiculous. I would not mind having a 6100 or similar as a cross over or a Iivi for that matter but I ain't about to pay the stupid prices idiots think they are worth. OK so if your not a solder / rework kinda of enthusiast - fine buy a pre repaired / recapped machine and pay that bit extra (time, equipment and cap cost included) but for the rest of us that get the buzz from fixing machines why pay a huge sum for basically a non working pile of scrap just coz it has a Apple Badge. Sadly the same is true of BBC/Commodore/Atari etc.

PS love the Powerbook 180 and that was a good price TBH.

This discussion should really be moved to a General group :) We all need to input on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112st

XKSTEVE

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2022
Moving thread as this doesn't belong in Nubus Power Macintosh section.
Thanks Kia, this subject needs greater exposure so in the slightly unlikely event that a greedy seller does research outside eBay they read this at least this provides a reality check, whether or not they accept that advice and knowledge is down to them or their stupidity. The price will show which they are - an idiot on the Darwin scale or… some one who believes in preserving history.