PDS DOS Compatibility Card Extender

Drake

TinkerDifferent Board Vice-President 2023
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Cool! Would you be willing to sell one?
Out of the multiple boards I only need one myself. These were prototypes so no guarantees!
PXL_20220701_152534512.jpg

mg.man

Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2021
Ardley, UK
Very pretty - I do love Purple 'boards. It looks like you just extended the video to DB15 - do you use a two monitor setup? I do have the Houdini cable, so I might be better off going for a full extension? That said, your extender would only need one of those 26 pin DB connectors... :unsure: Have you thought about what you'd want for one? Should we discuss in PM?

Drake

TinkerDifferent Board Vice-President 2023
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Very pretty - I do love Purple 'boards. It looks like you just extended the video to DB15 - do you use a two monitor setup? I do have the Houdini cable, so I might be better off going for a full extension? That said, your extender would only need one of those 26 pin DB connectors... :unsure: Have you thought about what you'd want for one? Should we discuss in PM?
I dug out all the connectors and built one for testing, even before the adapter my Quadra 650/700 would say "no pc compatability card found".
It has power going to and from the device so I'm likely not using the appropriate software.
If you want just the PCB I'll send it for cost of mail, the db15 and db26, 330ohm resistor and LED are going to cost you a pretty penny though (only because the shipping would have to go as a parcel, not letter mail.
Either way you're welcome to have one.

Do you know exactly what software the houdini cards required? if so link me so I can confirm
PXL_20220701_164456798.jpg

mg.man

Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2021
Ardley, UK
Do you know exactly what software the houdini cards required? if so link me so I can confirm
I don't have mine yet, waiting for it to be mailed / delivered. Should have it next week.

Either way you're welcome to have one.
Cool, thanks! Postage may be interesting, I'm in the UK. That said, the card on its own should fit in am envelope, so I hope it'd be like sending a "birthday" card overseas... (he says in hope).

Let me get my DOS card in and running and we can go from there. Mine will be going in my Q700vx. 😀

mg.man

Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2021
Ardley, UK
A mere 2 and a bit years later... all I can say is WOW - how life and work has a tendency to get in the way of fun! 😞 I did receive my card - well, two now - both working, so now after one/two of these - I even have a US address to perhaps make things simpler. @Drake - dropping you a PM in the hope you still have a PCB or two.